Star Wars Battlefront II Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition: Will not run.

by vettalec

Original Post

Star Wars Battlefront II Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition: Will not run.

★★★ Apprentice

Downloaded the game just fine.  Waited for the launch date/time.  Origin said it was ready to play.  AND guess what?  Hit the play button and nothing.  The launch box comes up, starts at 5% then shoots to 100% and NOTHING a big fat NOTHING.  No error messages, not even the task manager has anything in it for Star Wars BF2.  The first Star Wars BF works just fine, no issues.  Anyone else see this?  I've checked here in the forums and seen alot of issues, but none like mine.  Even tried the language trick.  Any help would be great.  But if I can't play this game, then i'll be getting my $$$$ back.

Thanks Y'all......

Message 1 of 11 (994 Views)

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II Elite Trooper Deluxe Edition: Will not run.

★ Novice

Same here, I've tried to clean booting, clean origin's cache and even the admin and language trick but nothing...I have a bad feeling about this

Message 2 of 11 (972 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

yup tried the usual suspects as well.

Message 3 of 11 (962 Views)

★ Novice

Same here, just tried launching the game for the 14th time and nothing.

Message 4 of 11 (913 Views)

★ Guide

Same. This problem (at least its symptoms) go all the way back to BF2015's beta.

This is kinda silly lol. After ~12 hours of well-informed troubleshooting and no results, I'm tempted to just uninstall and refund the product.

Message 5 of 11 (892 Views)

★★★ Newbie

lucky you guys, I pre ordered the deluxe edition and don't even get the option to download the game. wtf is up with that.

Message 6 of 11 (872 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hey EA, a little help here please.

Message 7 of 11 (769 Views)

Anonymous

I just had the exact same problem. Is your windows fully updated? I just installed BF2 after a fresh reformat with Windows 7 and hadn't updated. Apparently there's something in the update that enabled the game to open.

Message 8 of 11 (673 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exactly the same here!  Tried uninstalling multiple times and nothing appears to be working.  Redeemed the code and no download appeared.  I can see that I've redeemed it on my SEN account in transaction history but I cant find any option to download.  

Message 9 of 11 (763 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Ok, I finally got the game to work with no issues.  Updated WIN 10 to the latest.  My origin app said it was on the correct version per the website but after reading some more threads I decided to uninstall Origin then reinstall it.  And low and behold, I did NOT have the correct version.  The new origin app looks a little different.  So now the game launches and works.  I also had moved the game out of the origin folder first and installed in my data (J) drive not the operation drive (C) just in case.  But the new origin found it and runs it.  It is a little slow to launch but it will launch in windows mode, just max it.  Also, game runs with dual monitors, on DP or HDMI.  So guys, be sure to check your origin app.

Good luck.....

Message 10 of 11 (748 Views)