Re: Star Wars Battlefront FPS drops 120 to 10

by EA_David

Original Post

Star Wars Battlefront FPS drops 120 to 10

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Pls someone help, i have a pentium g4600 3.6ghz and a gtx 1050 2gb, i play whit low graphics detail, i have avarage 120 fps and randomly go to 10-20(on online match). I don't know what can i do.
Oh, and at the start of a match i have lot of stuttering and frame drop.
Message 1 of 11 (1,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Duck4L Hey, I recommend playing in Windowed mode with the performance monitor running. 

Then when you experience the dip you can check what resource is being taxed, and check for other programs that might be interfering. 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-performance-monitor-windows-10

You might also try restarting with a Clean Boot, and see if you still get the same FPS drops.

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/faq/how-to-clean-boot-your-pc/

Thank you.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 11 (1,532 Views)

★★★★ Novice
While I'm playing and monitoring, after a drop, cpu gpu drop too, gpu to 0% and the cores to 1; 5; 10% etc.
Message 3 of 11 (1,523 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Ok whit the clean boot i get less frame drop, but sametimes i get it, rarely.
Message 4 of 11 (1,515 Views)

Community Manager

Hey, if the Clean Boot helps, you can try turning your usual programs back on gradually and pinpoint exactly which program might be triggering this. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 11 (1,506 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
For cpu and gpu usage is ok, but i see when I get this drop i have 100% disk usage,(hdd 320gb, 120gb free) what can i do? Or i need to buy a new hard drive?
Message 6 of 11 (1,493 Views)

Community Manager

Can you check if any other programs are running/sucking resources when this happens? The Clean Boot has discounted 3rd party programs but it's possible that Windows maintenance itself is a factor. 

Story Time: A few years ago I had some damaged/corrupted updates in Windows, and I'd get harsh performance dips when windows was trying to force through the update at inopportune times. If I remember correctly the main strain was on the HDD. Anyway I isolated the problem file and got it resolved, but it was a good learning experience.

This was back during the XP era and things are usually a bit smoother now, but it's definitely something worth checking on. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 11 (1,468 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Now I change hdd, battlefront 1 run smooth, BUT, now I'm having problems whit the second one, swbf2, where I'm stuttering a lot. Rip.
Message 8 of 11 (1,448 Views)

★★★★ Novice
For the battlefront 2 issue I need to open a new thread or I can write here?
It's funny, SWBF1 start running smooth when I get SWBF2 whit these stutters.
Message 9 of 11 (1,436 Views)

★ Guide

Hello! I have this issue too, while I have high fps it drops to 10 (it seems like I have screen tearing) and the sound lags too.

In Battlefront 2 the ,,dynamic resolution scale" fixed my problem. I hope DICE will add this feature to Battlefront 1 too (I know there is no support to these games, so this won't be probably Frown ).

Message 10 of 11 (1,150 Views)