Star Wars Battlefront 2 refuses to launch

by ClayCooley

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star Wars Battlefront 2 refuses to launch

★★★ Newbie

After the game "loads" when I click play Origin minimizes for a second or two but then it reappears and it acts as if I just closed the game. I have tried the repair feature in Origin and re-installing the game to no avail.

Message 1 of 8 (4,492 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 refuses to launch

★★★★ Novice

Go To Documents/STAR WARS Battlefront II/settings then open BootOptions in the notepad program of your choice, set first line GstRender.EnableDx12 to 0 instead of 1 and save

Open game via Origin, go to graphics settings and disable DirectX 12 and then the game should start as normal, same goes for Battlefield 1 and V although the filename is different. 

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (4,259 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Same here. 

I've got 260+ hours in and everything has been fine until this very latest content patch. I have tried launching as admin, deleting settings file, repairing, reinstalling etc. 

The only thing that works is deleting all the files in my Settings folder, but if I close the program and go to reopen it, I'm back at square one.

Message 2 of 8 (4,462 Views)

★★★ Newbie

yeah. I only have 30 hours but the same thing happens, but even deleting everything in my settings folder does nothing.

Message 3 of 8 (4,449 Views)

EA DICE Team

Clearing the document folder for SWBF2 and clear the Cloud save for SWBF2 in Origin. Tray starting the game up and see if that helps to keep the game in a good state. @Nemesis44UK  @ClayCooley 

/Atic 

Message 4 of 8 (4,363 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@ClayCooley you can fix it replacing the cache folder.
1)Install Origin in other PC
2)Press Win+r in the second pc, and type: "%ProgramData%/Origin"
3)Copy the cache's folder into a USB
4)In your main PC repeat the second point
5)Paste and replace

I hope that my solution could fix your issue Standard smile
Message 5 of 8 (4,349 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Go To Documents/STAR WARS Battlefront II/settings then open BootOptions in the notepad program of your choice, set first line GstRender.EnableDx12 to 0 instead of 1 and save

Open game via Origin, go to graphics settings and disable DirectX 12 and then the game should start as normal, same goes for Battlefield 1 and V although the filename is different. 

Message 6 of 8 (4,260 Views)

★★★ Novice
@DDIGITALDNR Don't have "BootOptions" there.
Message 7 of 8 (1,781 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with SWBF2 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 8 of 8 (1,674 Views)