Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 PS4 (Pro) Connection Problems

by fighter-501

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star Wars Battlefront 2 PS4 (Pro) Connection Problems

★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

Don't know if I must make this in Dutch or English, but I do English, just in case.

This is to EA.

EA Help on Twitter said I could make a topic here.

It's about SW Battlefront 2 on PS4: multiplayer. But I do want to say that I had this kind of problems on pc too.

I just want to be very clear: I never have any trouble with online multiplayer except some game made or published by EA. PS4 has NAT Type 1 (open nat, all needed ports are open) and PC has the necessary ports open in router. So no problems with multiplayer games on PS4 (and pc) except games published or made by EA.

I had multiple times contact with EA via Twitter and it's always my connection, never on the side of EA. I tried many time UOTrace. And the conclusion of EA was, i'm sorry to say: a stupid conslusion. EA said that I must get a new IP adress of my ISP.. yeahh no. First, It is very coincidental that I have only problems wilt multiplayers games made or published by EA and second: I already contacted them and it is not possible. 

I refuse to hear again that it's my connect because it's not. I know a litte about IT stuff.

My connection "specs"?

Via Ookla Speedtest.

30mbps download

6-12mbps upload

Ping= 9ms

PS4.

NAT Type 1 (all needed ports are open)

Via SW Battlefront 2 menu: ping = 16ms which is good enough

Error code 216

(See attachment)

I'm really getting tired of this and EA does not help at all.

According to EA it's always everybody's fault except EA themselves.

And imagine, EA was always right and it's really my connection. Very low change, but still. Just a scenario.

Then I can't do anything because my ISP can't help me. So then I'm doomed. But wait! Why my connection if every other game works flawless with Online ghaming? (other then made or published by EA).

I don't like it okay, according to EA it's always my connection, but it's not!

What I want from EA?

That they fix their stuff and not pointing to others.

I have seen on the internet that I'm not the only one with that problem.

Let me be very clear, and no I'm not angry :P, I do not going to do another UOtrace, except if that helps for EA to fix it on their side.

Not going to do stuff with modem/router: they are fine. Rebooting, etc does not help.

Not going to open ports which are already openen (NAT Type 1)

Not going to reinstall SW Battllefront 2: does not help, trust me. Tried already.

Not going to reset PS4 Pro: does not help, trust me. Tried already.

I hope this time EA want to take me serious, because I'm a Star Wars fan and I want to play the game, but I can't.

I do stand up for myself and other people who has the same problems like me because i'm getting tired of this.

I'm not hating, I think it isn't fair of EA. I do want to help, not only for myself (and others) but to report a serious problem to EA. It doesn't help if EA is always pointing to others except themselves.

Please read everything carefully.

Thanks you for reading.

Message 1 of 15 (4,578 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Atic 

I'm and I have hide the IP adresses. I think EA was right and then I am honest and apologize. If I don't do that, then it is not fair of me.

I just think it's weird, because every other game. which has nothting to do with EA (on ps4 and pc) are working without problems except those which made or publish by EA. I hope you understand me because of that.

I will include the results of the EU server and I tried again to contact Tele2 (ISP), but because it's in my father name they can't help me right now (privacy law or something)

View in thread

Message 12 of 15 (5,034 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
Hello @fighter-501, sorry to hear about the troubles you had playing Battlefront 2, and thanks for the very detailed breakdown of what happened and what you have done. 

Looks like you have done everything in terms of network troubleshooting. 

I do have a few questions for you:

• What ISP do you have? 
  • What region are you in? 
  • Have you notice a trend when you are getting the error code 216 (aka is only X mode or after X time or X thing happen)? 
  • Do you still have the Uo-tracer left if yes can upload them to a case to EA support so I can take a look

Thanks!

/Atic 

Message 2 of 15 (4,533 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Atic 

Yep, i tried everything and nothing worked. And I don't want to hear from EA that they can't do anything because it's my connection (or my ISP) because the only games which has any multiplayers issues are game made of published by EA. 

Tele2 is my ISP in the Netherlands. it's ADSL but that's not the problem.

Location/region: Netherlands

No, I tried multiple game modes and with every mode I tried I got the error. The new mode and Extraction. I have this since pas week when EA had some trouble with the servers. The weeks before I had problems too with the new mode, then I tried Extraction. Most of the time no problem, sometime it had problems. And when that worked, I tried the new mode and it worked again. Now it doesn't. Very strange, after an update or problems with EA servers I have problems..

Yes I have UO Trace, i've done it yesterday. Why must I upload it?

I did it before, on Twitter I think, and do you know what he or she said? It's not EA's fault, it's my ISP. I must ask my ISP for a new IP adress, which I did and they can't help me. Yesterday I've also read on multiple website from multiple ISP's (1 Dutch ISP) that UO Trace is rubbish. That it's not reliable and it doesn't say the exact problems. Yeah, that were official forums of diffrent ISP's. I think the problem lies at the Zayo servers in New York, that one had packet loss.

I add them, I made pictures, and I have also done it in CMD. If you are gonna say that EA can't do anything about it: I leave this forum, and I want my money back. And yeah it's a dics. I don't trust EA and their stupid (sorry to say) UOtrace anymore. I know a little about IT and this all is strange.

How do you explain that every game (online multiplayer) works perfectly except game made of publish by EA? That is very coincidental if you ask me..

Sorry for my bad English.

I think the problems lies with the Zayo servers or EA. Not my connection. Everything works, litterally everything which needs an internet connection except games made of publish by EA.

See attachment for pictures.

Kind regards,

Johan Schouten

Message 3 of 15 (4,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team
Not trying to blame an Isp, I'm trying to see what the full story is hence why I ask for the above information so we can try to get to the bottom of this issue. @fighter-501 

Looking at the U-trace I can see you did 12 packed sent can you do a minimum of 100 it gives more accurate data of what the story is, so looking the Uotracer Zayo stands out and is routing server that your Isp is using. It can be the issue not saying it is the issue. Hence why I'm looking for more accurate data. 

Do you have a 4g device at home that is not on Tele2 and is not connected to the Wifi. I want to use it as a modem and try if you get the same issues or worse. It for a reference point and see if there is anything on the network having issues.

I removed the uploads, it has personal data.

/Atic 
Message 4 of 15 (4,513 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Atic  Then you are the first.

Ohh oops, yesterday I did it mulitple times which are to 100. There were exact the same, but the one which are 0/12 where 0/2 then. 

Everyhing else was 100/100.

Ohh, I thought Zayo was for Ea, sorry. My bad! 

Yes I do, but I don't want to connect my smartphone to pc to try it over 4G for obvious reasons.

Thanks, I forgot it had my IP.

But forget about everything. EA can't help me. You said it yourself: Zayo is a routing server from Tele2 and they can't do anything about it. I tried already.

This problem with EA and Star Wars Battlefront 2 causes a lot of stress. I don't want that anymore. Is to bad that I paid for the game.. every other game made of published by other games devs/publishers workd perfectly.. I stick with those game.. I am a Star Wars fan and SW BF 2 is ruind for me.

Kind regards,

Johan

Message 5 of 15 (4,504 Views)

EA DICE Team

@fighter-501  No problem! 

It would help to see. Standard smile 

Honestly why not try 4g? (Maybe I'm missing something). 

If you are talking to your ISP, say that you have issues with routing servers that you're Tele2 is using and don't mention game or company and normally the conversation changes. I 100% get that you just want it work the worse is to come home from a long day and your stuff don't work.

/Atic  

Message 6 of 15 (4,501 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Atic 

It's my pc and my 4G. I don't want that okay..

They can't do anything about it... And I'm not good at them. I always tell the truth and I can suddently stop doing that because of this stupid problems. I have this kind of problems since release. And just look at the internet, I'm not the only want with exact same or almost the same problems. That are people around the world. 

Star Wars Battlefront 2 is ruind for me.

I'm sorry, don't take it personal. 

Kind regards,

Johan

Message 7 of 15 (4,499 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi @EA_Atic 

I have another question. The UOtrace program does a test to servers in the US, but in SW BF 2 the ping site (EA Data Center) is in Germany and is 14 to 16ms.

So, 2 diffrent paths in the whole internet? UOtrace to the US and SW BF 2 to Germany with 14 to 16ms ping?

Can you explain me that?

Message 8 of 15 (4,480 Views)

EA DICE Team

Far point and something I should have looked at, can you do a trace to: 159.153.72.252  ( EU server) @fighter-501 

easo.ea.com is a server in the US so It will always be high ping for EU people, what we look at it's how the network is at the start in the EU. 

/Atic

Message 9 of 15 (4,469 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

hi @EA_Atic 

Thanks and yes I will do that. That's more logical I think, from where I live.

I will post the result when i'm done. I try to hide my IP with Paint.

Message 10 of 15 (4,457 Views)