Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 PC game crashes for me after latest patch at 1440p

by m00nm4n777

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Star Wars Battlefront 2 PC game crashes for me after latest patch at 1440p

★★★★ Novice

Star Wars Battlefront 2 PC game crashes for me after the latest patch when I play in 1440p resolution on my PC.

The game is OK when I play at 1080p resolution but I want to play at 1440p.

CPU: 8700K

GPU Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

I have:

* Reinstalled the game.

* Reinstalled my GPU drivers (clean removal and installation).

* Rebooted my PC.

* Run both Origin.exe and the SWBF2 exe files as full administrator (compatibility mode).

None of these actions have helped.

Would appreciate your help. Is there a way to rollback / remove the latest PC patch?

Message 1 of 6 (8,277 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Think I found the solution. My graphics card (Nvidia GTX 1080Ti)  overclock doesn't seem to like the latest SWBF2 patch. Once I dialed down the Base and Mem OC settings for the overclock, everything works fine now in SWBF2. I can play the game again in 1440p without any crashes to desktop or the like.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (10,866 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Fix

I had this as well! Extremely annoying but if you go into Battlefront 2 documents and find settings > boot options >  then open with notepad and change "GstRender.EnableDx12 1" to "GstRender.EnableDx12 0", then that worked for me.

NB:

Still having stuttering issues when playing the game - lag when moving in campaign/multiplayer/arcade - cannot seem to find a fix for this! Makes the game borderline unplayable!

Message 2 of 6 (8,256 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

what does the rest of your boot options file look like?

Message 3 of 6 (8,248 Views)

★★★★ Novice
It's already at "GstRender.EnableDx12 0".

I never use DX12 since most game developers have no clue how to program it effectively and bugfree.
Message 4 of 6 (8,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Think I found the solution. My graphics card (Nvidia GTX 1080Ti)  overclock doesn't seem to like the latest SWBF2 patch. Once I dialed down the Base and Mem OC settings for the overclock, everything works fine now in SWBF2. I can play the game again in 1440p without any crashes to desktop or the like.

Message 5 of 6 (10,867 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Just throwing my 2 cents, i also had same issue, magically down clocking anything seem to make it work, but the actual issue i had was to do with Afterburner. If you have the overlay turned on at launch it will crash the game, make sure its off then toggle it on later. But yes, even changing CPU core clock, GPU memory clock even 50mhz would make it work. But actually its just a timing thing with Afterburner for me Standard smile.
Message 6 of 6 (8,142 Views)