Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 Crashing

by Rapturecor

Original Post

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Crashing

★★ Novice

Hello,

I don't know what is wrong with Star Wars Battlefront 2, I've spent more than a day trying to solve this problem however nothing seems to work. Basically, when I first started the game, during the loading screen it crashed without any errors. After I followed the steps of EA support and deleted my antivirus, the game launches without any crashes, HOWEVER... Once I stay in main menu for a while, It crashes the same way. Also, when I try to play the game, It crashes aswell. Multiplayer doesn't work as it crashes before I can play just as the Campaign. The Campaign gave me the cutscene and after that it crashed. I don't know what to do anymore.

Message 1 of 6 (727 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey, @Fishsto  make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Battlefront 2 and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 2 of 6 (663 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I have the same issues and yes all my drivers are up to date. I even went so far to do a clean uninstall of my graphics card and re-installed. This all started happening after the latest update. My internet runs just fine and having other games that require a graphics card as Battlefront II does I don't have any issues. 

Message 3 of 6 (654 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello @EA_Atic . I've already done what you've said and I've done a lot more than that. I've tried :

Clearing Origin Cache

Cleaning Registry, Cleaning Cache and Temp Files

Disabling FIrewall and Antivirus

Resetting Host File

Resetting Internet Explorer Settings

Clean Boot

Clearing Browser's Cache

Updating Drivers and Windows

Launching Origin and BF2 as admin

Creating a new Windows 10 account

Changing the value of DX12 from 1 to 0 and from 0 to 1

Re-installing the game
Performing a clean re-install to my drivers.

Nothing has worked.

Message 4 of 6 (630 Views)

★ Novice

I also have this problem after last patch, nothing i do seems to fix it , as i load a map i crash to desktop

Message 5 of 6 (588 Views)

★ Novice
Uninstall vc++2017 and install vc++2015.Colse dx12 And reduce the effects It still
crash but less often.
Message 6 of 6 (567 Views)