Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) gives black screen for 3 seconds, then crashes

by facekicker69

Original Post

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) gives black screen for 3 seconds, then crashe

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

No luck for me at all as well. Game still does not run. Origin goes away for a few secs, then comes back like nothing happened. I don't even see a black screen.

My DxDiag is attached if someone at EA would take the time to check it out, then that would be great. 

This game is pricey and useless at the moment.

Message 21 of 68 (3,799 Views)

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) gives black screen for 3 seconds, then crashe

★★ Novice

Is there a solution yet?

If this goes on for more then 1 hour from now i want a refund because simply i played a few hours yesterday, and today after the update it simply doesn't work anymore....

Message 22 of 68 (3,781 Views)

★★ Novice

maybe a reply from a mod or somthing? because im getting impatient 

Message 23 of 68 (3,770 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Another option...

When the folder is recreated (when you run the game again ) you have to check the permissions and make sure it ISN'T set to read only!

<Windows Explorer>  

Find the folder

right click and select "properties"

Uncheck the "Read only" box

click [OK] / hit Enter

say yes to "apply changes to sub-folders & files"

ta-daah!

Logan

Message 24 of 68 (3,734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

To what degree does removing the BF2 folder from documents remove your progress in the SP?

And my PC boots, loading screen is there, and then it just freezes.

Message 25 of 68 (3,621 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello Joeyowns2. I had exactly the same problem has you had. I did this:

Press “Windows key + R” and type %ProgramData% and press enter. Open the origin folder and delete all files and folders except for “LocalContent”. Now again press “Windows key + R” and type %AppData% and press enter. Delete the Origin folder in the window that opens up.

Now click on the “AppData” at the top of your window and open up the “Local” folder. Delete the Origin folder here and restart the PC. This should resolve the issue.

I also installed Nvidia Game Ready Experience.

Message 26 of 68 (3,597 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I fixed problem Standard smile I changed resolution from 1920x1080 in wallpaper setting to 1680x1050. My laptop screen was bit smaller then I started game. After game start in options I seted maximum resolution (1920x1080) and it keep working on fullscreen 

Message 27 of 68 (3,510 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is my dxdiag message, please help me i haven't been able to play my deluxe edition since the update

Message 28 of 68 (3,479 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I disabled SLI and the son of gun finally booted up!

Message 29 of 68 (3,465 Views)

★ Novice

how do you disable sli?

Message 30 of 68 (3,455 Views)