Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) gives black screen for 3 seconds, then crashe

by Indru

Original Post

Highlighted

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) gives black screen for 3 seconds, then crashe

★★★★★ Novice

I've managed to solve it via this setting:

setting.jpg

After setting this as shown here, the game stopped crashing. I had previously tried everything told on various forums, but never worked. 

Message 51 of 68 (2,021 Views)

★ Novice

Wow! thanks for this, the fix not only made the game not crash it made it faster! let's hope this fix will be approved. 

Message 52 of 68 (1,960 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had similar issues after changing to an SSD and then limiting the pagefile size. I noticed some errors in the Event Viewer about Virtual Memory running out of room, so I changed the setting back to "Let windows manage the pagefile" and since then I've had no more crashes.

Message 53 of 68 (1,883 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm able to get to the initial loading screen but after loading for a while it crashes, no error message or anything.  I've tried a number of the fixes here but nothing seems to be working, and due to slow internet I really want to avoid re-installing.  I have not been able to so much as start a match, and have less than an hour on record.  I'm attaching my DxDiag.  My computer isn't the best by far but it should still be able to do more than just the loading screen.

Message 54 of 68 (1,843 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Tried this doesnt work , still crash
Message 55 of 68 (1,820 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dude Thx U so much i thought i wasted my money for a minuet.

Message 56 of 68 (1,673 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This fixed for us.

Message 57 of 68 (1,631 Views)

★★ Pro

@balemmon

Your computer and especially video card are way below minimum requirements. The game will not start up because of this.

MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS

Processor (AMD): AMD FX 6350
Processor (Intel): Intel Core i5 6600K
Memory: 8GB RAM
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon™ HD 7850 2GB
Graphics card (NVIDIA): NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 660 2GB
DirectX: 11 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection
Hard-drive space: 60GB 

Message 58 of 68 (1,621 Views)

★ Novice

For Everyone that has windows 7 and can't find a fix for this issue. Try downloading this windows 7 update. Fixed the issue for me after several hours of trying to fix the black screen crash.https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=36805

Message 59 of 68 (1,589 Views)

★★ Novice

can someone get any fix for thsis stupid games because it is always a black loading screen and loads nothing.

Message 60 of 68 (1,579 Views)