Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) gives black screen for 3 seconds, then crashe

by eleanorriggedme

Original Post

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) gives black screen for 3 seconds, then crashe

★★★ Novice

can you go to where you have installed the game. This would be C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Battlefront II if you have not changed it from the
Then you  try deleting the starwarsbattlefrontii.exe file and starwarsbattlefrontii_trial.exe from the installation location and the do a repair on Battlefront 2 from Origin

should work!!

Message 41 of 68 (2,397 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You mean deleting the game?

Message 42 of 68 (2,359 Views)

★★ Guide

Yeah still the same..thought i fixed it by turning "share usage data" and "crash reporting" off from EA account settings ingame but no. Had 2 days without a single crash but now crashing like that again.

Message 43 of 68 (2,343 Views)

★★ Guide

Still doing it...

Message 44 of 68 (2,291 Views)

★ Apprentice

If your still having issues id highly recommend checking this thread out it helped me fix my issues might help you as well

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/PC-Star-Wars-BF-2-Fixes-For-Everything-D/m-p/6424768#M704

Message 45 of 68 (2,285 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello,

if you are on Windows 10 1709 or 1703, have you tried this solution ?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Solution-for-crash-at-game-launch-Alt-Tab-Windows-10-1709...

Feel Free to give me your feeback regarding this post. Dont forget to disable Origin in-game, uninstall Geforce Experience, disable all the programs in the background.

Message 46 of 68 (2,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

exact same issue here, 1st few times I tried launching it, went to black screen then just closed, now when I launch it, I get black screen, can see mouse pointer and hear sounds of the game, but the screen is black.. repair says all files are valid, reinstalled Nvidia 388.43 drivers, issue remains.. this is clearly not an end-users problem

Message 47 of 68 (2,230 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same issue sept I'm only getting thrown back to origins without anything happening after I press play 

Message 48 of 68 (2,221 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That's what happens to me too

Message 49 of 68 (2,081 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Me too
Message 50 of 68 (2,068 Views)