Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) gives black screen for 3 seconds, then crashe

by Babyhuehnchen

Original Post

Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) gives black screen for 3 seconds, then crashes

★★★ Novice

When starting the game, I am given a window (attached) that is all black for about 3 seconds. Then it crashes and opens origin as if nothing happened. I unfortunately don't get an error message, but the game files do include crash dumps. I'm running windows 7 64bit with updated drivers. Any help would be appreciated, thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 68 (17,446 Views)

Re: Star Wars Battlefront 2 (2017) gives black screen for 3 seconds, then crashe

Champion (Retired)

Hello @facekicker69

Can you please provide a dxdiag so i can take a closer look into your problem?

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

Answeres provided by real chickens

Message 2 of 68 (17,426 Views)

★★★ Novice

I hope this is it/my computer's not outdated .-.

Message 3 of 68 (17,420 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hello @facekicker69

seems like your pc should be able to run the game. Please try repairing the game by right clicking on it in origin and pressing "repair game". When its finished, try launching it again.

If you need further assistance, please feel free to ask inhere.

Greetings,

Babyhuehnchen

Answeres provided by real chickens

Message 4 of 68 (17,413 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm running into the same issue and have tried almost everything and still the issue continues. I'm running windows 7 64, Here is a list of what I've tried but did not work.

- updating Origin

- updating the game

- the odd time it worked for more than a few seconds I lowered my graphics settings

- checked and updated my windows 7 at the Microsoft website

- uninstall/reinstall

- turning off my antivirus/firewall protection

- went into boot options for the game and ensured the DX12 was set to 0

there is the odd time the game works but it takes more than 13 startups and fingers crossed to work before it crashes again.

Message 5 of 68 (17,405 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have repaired it twice and the problem continues to stick around. Are there anymore recommendations you have other than reinstalling BF2 (as I have slow internet, I want to leave it as a last resort)? Thank you in advance 

Message 6 of 68 (17,404 Views)

★★ Novice

I just tried repairing it and the issue has gotten worse, now I don't have those 3-4 seconds after it loads into the main menu

Message 7 of 68 (17,394 Views)

★ Apprentice

i have exactly the same problem, and triyng to figure this out for 3 hours. Somebody help, please Standard smile

Message 8 of 68 (17,388 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same Frown i try everything also reinstal microsoft visual c++, directx reinstal game, origin set start like admin... HELP or i will die .... 

Message 9 of 68 (17,296 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok i was having the same issues, played for an hour than came back to play the game again and kept getting a black screen with sound.

My fix

go to documents folder located and delete the battlefront ll folder there.

the game recreates the file as needed

now the game is working again.

As for you EA! You guys are bad man, it is not ok be selling us games that have these issues, I have this issue now with both startwars games and battlefield

Message 10 of 68 (17,287 Views)