Standby Memory Issue -  Stuttering and Lags on Multiplayer

by leomazzoBRX

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Standby Memory Issue -  Stuttering and Lags on Multiplayer

★★★ Novice

Standby Memory Issue -  Stuttering and Lags on Multiplayer - 64 players - Conquest Mode

Hello. First of all, sorry for my poor english, since I'm not a native speaker.

I'm using Windows 10 version 1809 which I had recently installed on my computer. Even though my currently specs are well enough to play BF1 in Ultra settings (check below), I am still facing some stuttering problems in game. It keeps showing up the yellow icon (FPS falling) on the right side of the screen. After many "googles", I may have found what it can be the source of the problem. Many people face the same problem with Windows 10 and BF1.

When I access the Resources Monitor on Task Manager, the memory bar (check attached the image to understand what I am talking about) is showing up as entirely blue (standby memory). That is, the "dark blue" (standby memory) fills up the entire memory bar and the stuttering problems begin in game. You can search in google image to see an image with full memory standby. To clean it, then, in game I press Windows key to minimize the game and run EmptyStandByList software and the standby memory is then cleaned and all the "dark blue" become a "light blue" (free memory). After that, it is noticeable the improvement in game. The stutterings are gone and I can play smoothly without even having to see the yellow icon meaning FPS loss.

Does someone here know something about it? i've seen people complaining it is a Battlefield problem. Others however say the fault is Windows'.

I have tried to create a Nvidia profile in Nvidia control panel, change power consumption settings etc etc. Nothing has helped me so far. Only by running EmptyStandByList software that really helps me avoiding stuttering in game. 

My computer was recently formatted so it doens't have softwares running on background and this kind of thing.

My PC specs:

16GB RAM DDR4 2400mhz

GTX 1660 TI ASUS GOG Strix

AMD Ryzen 7 1800x

SSD 480GB and HDD 1TB

Message 1 of 3 (1,800 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Standby Memory Issue -  Stuttering and Lags on Multiplayer

★★★ Novice

Hello Blueberry,

Sorry for my delayed reply.

I have been testing everything I could find in the internet, even these steps in the link you posted. Thank you, by the way. Actuallly I already had tried these before.

Nothing has helped me solve this problem once for all so far.. So the only way to fix my problem with stuttering due to standby memory was to create a task in Task Scheduler to empty standby memory every 15 minutes. It's working properly now without stuttering caused by full standby memory.

Thank you!

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (1,713 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hey, @leomazzoBRX 

Although this post by @2042isNotBF is for BFV, the steps in it should still translate very well into BF1. Try giving that a look to see if that helps with your stuttering and lag in game.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Set-up-for-the-most-FPS-in-BFV/m-p/7166307#M14907

We recently had an Origin update and some users reported Origin in-game was re-enabled. Try disabling both the clouds storage and Origin in-game to see if that has any improvement for you. 

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 3 (1,743 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello Blueberry,

Sorry for my delayed reply.

I have been testing everything I could find in the internet, even these steps in the link you posted. Thank you, by the way. Actuallly I already had tried these before.

Nothing has helped me solve this problem once for all so far.. So the only way to fix my problem with stuttering due to standby memory was to create a task in Task Scheduler to empty standby memory every 15 minutes. It's working properly now without stuttering caused by full standby memory.

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3 (1,714 Views)