St. Louis and Dallas data centers are unplayable

by carodjah

Original Post

St. Louis and Dallas data centers are unplayable

★★★ Novice

For weeks now, I’m unable to play on the two data centers closest to me. If I connect to either St. Louis or Dallas, I may be able to play a single game (of any type) without issue, but the next game and all subsequent games will experience packet loss up to 90%, with movement being like a slideshow. And if I leave the match (or stay until I’m inevitably killed and the squad is wiped), the game will hang at “Connecting to lobby” indefinitely until I reboot the game.

The only solution I have is connecting to the Salt Lake City data center, but that means my ping is 20ms higher than it should be if I was connecting to St. Louis. 

Message 1 of 3 (557 Views)

Re: St. Louis and Dallas data centers are unplayable

★★★ Novice

Another issue is happening as well, regardless of data center:

If I’m playing with friends, every other match will result in them being loaded into a match while I’m sitting in the lobby and connecting to match. 

Message 2 of 3 (535 Views)

Re: St. Louis and Dallas data centers are unplayable

★★★ Novice

Bumping this again!

All ports are forwarded as outlined by EA’s site.

Connected via ethernet.

My fiber’s down/up speed is 700/100.

I was able to play three matches on St. Louis today before I suddenly went from 0 packet loss and ~20 ping to 90% packet loss and ~80 ping.

I tried to connect to Dallas and couldn’t even match make.

So I’m again connecting to Salt Lake City to be able to play.

This is the second thread I’ve made, and no response from EA for a week, other than one person in a different thread saying to contact my ISP. About what? I don’t know. Others I’ve seen across the web report similar issues with these data centers, and I’m struggling to imagine how my ISP in rural Nebraska is affecting people elsewhere. 

Message 3 of 3 (521 Views)