Squadrons won't even launch

by Ajackdaw

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Squadrons won't even launch

★★★ Novice

I bought the game on steam and and got a new pc and now the game won't launch after the easy anti-cheat load screen. Every driver and the system is up to date and the game just won't work. I'm just furious rn because part of the reason why I built this new pc is to play squadrons on high graphics in vr and now I can't play the damn game.

My pc specs:

i7-10700

16G RAM

RTX 3070

This guy on youtube has the exact same issue and people are saying they have the same issue in the comments. I don't get why this issue hasn't been fixed yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms6qbuW-kBk

Here's the link for said video.

If there isn't a fix soon, I'm refunding.

Message 1 of 18 (21,304 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Squadrons won't even launch

★★★ Novice

So I fixed it. Apparently, Squadrons does not recognize non-English path so I just moved it under an English path. EA support didn't help. It seemed that they just followed whatever manual they were given and this wasn't something they checked. Since this game is not exclusively sold in English-speaking regions, I don't understand why this is an actual issue.

View in thread

Message 9 of 18 (20,941 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @Ajackdaw  Could you try to a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Can you add a Dxdiag so we can see what hardware and drivers you have? 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 18 (21,221 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Atic  Hi! The clean boot didn't help and I've got the dxdiag file attached. Help plz I really want to play the game

Message 3 of 18 (21,174 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue here. I'm refunding. Amazing that QA allowed a crash-on-launch bug to roll out. Trash company.

Message 4 of 18 (21,147 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Arglebargle3Yea how is this even an actually issue i just cant understand

Message 5 of 18 (21,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problems, and it looks like no blue responses past the same canned BS.  I've done the boots, reinstalls, compatability/DPI workarounds, and its still black-screening on me.  Two months after launch for this garbage EA never changes.

Message 6 of 18 (21,093 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same thing through Origin. 

Message 7 of 18 (21,070 Views)

★★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Any response would be nice. WHy can't I play the game?
Message 8 of 18 (21,014 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I fixed it. Apparently, Squadrons does not recognize non-English path so I just moved it under an English path. EA support didn't help. It seemed that they just followed whatever manual they were given and this wasn't something they checked. Since this game is not exclusively sold in English-speaking regions, I don't understand why this is an actual issue.

Message 9 of 18 (20,942 Views)

★★ Novice
@Ajackdaw Can you please explain with more details? i have the same issue and i went to the game proprieties in steam change it to english under language and it did nothing? I even check the integrity of the folder after that... still not working please Help! Frown
Message 10 of 18 (20,856 Views)