Re: Squadrons won't even launch

by Tombeckett

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@jkspaceferretIt's not the in-game language settings. It's folder under which the game is installed. When you open the game folder in resource manager, you should see its path (the sequence of folders). Make sure that all folders are named in English or the game would not run. I think when you install any game from origin, it wouldn't start if the path isn't all in English. This is probably just common practice at EA. Meanwhile, most non-EA games sold globally like this recognize non-English path and let's just leave it like that.

Message 11 of 18 (3,214 Views)

★★ Novice
@Ajackdaw I'm not sure of what i slould do..... "When you open the game folder in resource manager" ??? I opened all the folder of where it's installed search for its path (sequence of folder).... i download it from steam does that matter? i feel like a real Noob and its so frustrating i want to flip everything in the house .... thank for your help tho
Message 12 of 18 (3,205 Views)

★★ Novice
@jkspaceferret
WHAT WORKED FOR ME!
Steam and the game was not in the same Hard drive i uninstalled steam put it in the same drive and it worked! Good launch with this issue never had one like that before! Thanks EA for the whatever dual launcher
Message 13 of 18 (3,169 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic why do we have to do all this to make the game work
Message 14 of 18 (2,869 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hmm can you explair more plz.

I am on origin . 

\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Squadrons

Thx u

Message 15 of 18 (2,744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

SOLVED (for me at least)

Go to the game folder (for me it was C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\STAR WARS Squadrons)

Find the EasyAntiCheat folder and run the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe

Then choose to repair installation and it will launch.

You may need to repeat this if it fails the first time

Message 16 of 18 (2,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I added EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe to my firewall all access list and Squadrons started working ( using windows fw and nat enviroment )

It did not asked automatically networks access when installing or fixing installation.

Message 17 of 18 (1,465 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Squadrons, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 18 of 18 (1,215 Views)