Re: Squadrons will not open in Origin. Stuck on the Easy Anti Cheat screen

by Malcom_Black

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Squadrons will not open in Origin. Stuck on the Easy Anti Cheat screen

★★★★ Novice

I have 14 hours in game, and it was working fine two days ago. Yesterday, the game would not launch, and it was stuck on the Easy Anti Cheat window. I've attached an image with the error, which says "Launch Error - Failed to start the game".

I have tried doing the following things to fix this, but I've had no success, and the same error screen keeps coming up:

-Repair Squadrons in Origin

-Uninstall / Reinstall Squadrons

-Uninstall / Reinstall Origin

-Update Windows

-Update Nvidia Geforce driver

-Repair Easy Anti Cheat in the Squadrons game folder

-Uninstall / Reinstall Easy Anti Cheat in the Squadrons game folder

The only thing I haven't tried is whitelisting Squadrons / Easy Anti Cheat on my antivirus software.

Help would be appreciated!!!

Message 1 of 24 (20,615 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

@N16H7-W1N6 Okay so that worked! - that's gotta be the issue. I completely uninstalled webroot, and the game launched, no issues at all. I reinstalled webroot, the game wouldn't launch again. 100% that's the issue on my machine. I tried whitelisting squadrons, easy anti cheat, and origin on webroot before, but none of that worked. Going to try to look for a solution where I don't have to completely uninstall webroot...

View in thread

Message 6 of 24 (20,429 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@griensose Wanted to see if this was still happening, Have you been able to try to add Origin and Star Wars as exceptions to your Anti-Virus?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 24 (20,542 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Illium I whitelisted Origin, Squadrons, and Easy Anti cheat on my Webroot app, still getting the same error. I even tried temporarily disabling my firewall and antivirus, and it wouldn't launch

Right before it stopped working, I downloaded the Mandalorian cosmetics update in Squadrons, and I installed the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X driver for my new joystick. I'm not sure if one of those caused it to stop launching, but I also tried uninstalling the Hotas driver, and Squadrons still wouldn't launch.

Message 3 of 24 (20,538 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I am definitely having the same issue of the game failing to launch at the easy anti cheat screen.  I have done same steps as OP.  It happened after the latest baby Yoda update. 

Message 4 of 24 (20,516 Views)

★ Guide

Hello @griensose

I would like to know if you tried to completely uninstall Webroot and launch the game without it ?

Message 5 of 24 (20,447 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@N16H7-W1N6 Okay so that worked! - that's gotta be the issue. I completely uninstalled webroot, and the game launched, no issues at all. I reinstalled webroot, the game wouldn't launch again. 100% that's the issue on my machine. I tried whitelisting squadrons, easy anti cheat, and origin on webroot before, but none of that worked. Going to try to look for a solution where I don't have to completely uninstall webroot...

Message 6 of 24 (20,430 Views)

Community Manager
@griensose To check do you have anything in webroots blocked/guaranteed list that is apart of Origin or Star Wars? If not then reaching out to their support to see if they have a high do not disturb list might help us.

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 7 of 24 (20,390 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@griensose Did you ever find a solution where you did not have to uninstall Webroot? If I knew this problem existed, I would not have purchased the game today. Took me a while to find this article. I have verified uninstalling WebRoot allows the game to play, and re-installing WebRoot breaks it again. I cannot see anything to allow/whitelist that will allow the Easy Anti-Cheat to work, so was hoping you had something more...
Message 8 of 24 (19,918 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

They've broken it twice before with patches. EA has a way to fix it. It's just a matter of waiting for them to do so. Last time they fixed it the following day. It just drives me nuts that they somehow manage to break the game for webroot users with every update. I don't have this problem with any other game. If I didn't enjoy the game so much it wouldn't be a big deal, but I really do have a great time flying with my friends.

Message 9 of 24 (19,908 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just got this error as well today. Hoping for a fix soon.

Message 10 of 24 (19,849 Views)