Squad VOIP - can't hear others

by heychadwick

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Squad VOIP - can't hear others

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi All,

I'm using a Samson Q2U microphone for recording and my desktop speakers for playback (Realtek High Def).  I've had squad VOIP work before.   One day....it quit working.  People can hear me, but I can't hear them.

I've tried switching the speaker settings to every single thing I can.  I've hit RESET TO DEFAULT.  Regular sound comes through fine.   I cannot hear when squad mates speak.  

Yes, I have set the VOIP volume to 100%.   

Any clue?

Message 1 of 9 (755 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Squad VOIP - can't hear others

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@heychadwick I know its a pain sorry it did not work. Other things to try...And if you don't have Discord on the PC please do the other steps. EDIT>>>> @heychadwick Also make sure the mic is added/ set up in windows more so if on win 10 as I have seen win 10 remove things or muck them up after a windows update. As well as in game just to be sure as I have had games change settings after a update. Please look at this first before steps below.

For this to work you must do every step.

1-If you have discord installed turn off overlay..settings- App Settings- Enable Overlay- Off

2- Run Repair game on BFV

3-Run CC cleaner on your registry and I do this after every program is installed after reboot as well as when I remove programs after reboot run CC Cleaner on registry.

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download?source=cpc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm8malvD_3wIV0yCtBh0mfA_AEAA...

4- Last step to fix it run the windows scan with all programs and web pages closed. I started with sfc /scannow ran it once rebooted and ran it again. BFV should now be stable.

NOTE = Run command prompt as ADMIN for all command lines reboot PC after each line is run. I start with sfc /scannow and most times get away with just this one.

sfc /scannow

Only for windows 8 & windows 8.1 Win 10
Reboot PC after you run each command line and close programs and web pages.

This command line will scan the health of your PC.
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

This command line will restore the health of your PC and you dont lose anything .
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
OR
If restore heath gave you errors then you can always try this command line.
dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

If you ever get Error 0x800F081F with the restore health scan then run this command line.
Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

View in thread

Message 4 of 9 (718 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

@heychadwick MM off the top of my head first thing to come to mind your cfg maybe is mucked up so try this but  you will have to set up your settings again in BFV so put your old cfg on desktop ..

C:\Users\your PC Name\Documents\Battlefield V

BFV folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BFV is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BFV it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues. Even if its not a new install it is still worth trying as the game cfg could be mucked up.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BFV folder place it on your Desktop for now.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BFV
4- When done go test your game. If it fails reboot your PC and run repair game again and test BFV.

Message 2 of 9 (737 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for the advice.  I tried it.   It was frustrating to go through that whole intro thing again.   

No change.   No luck.  

Message 3 of 9 (727 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@heychadwick I know its a pain sorry it did not work. Other things to try...And if you don't have Discord on the PC please do the other steps. EDIT>>>> @heychadwick Also make sure the mic is added/ set up in windows more so if on win 10 as I have seen win 10 remove things or muck them up after a windows update. As well as in game just to be sure as I have had games change settings after a update. Please look at this first before steps below.

For this to work you must do every step.

1-If you have discord installed turn off overlay..settings- App Settings- Enable Overlay- Off

2- Run Repair game on BFV

3-Run CC cleaner on your registry and I do this after every program is installed after reboot as well as when I remove programs after reboot run CC Cleaner on registry.

https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download?source=cpc&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIm8malvD_3wIV0yCtBh0mfA_AEAA...

4- Last step to fix it run the windows scan with all programs and web pages closed. I started with sfc /scannow ran it once rebooted and ran it again. BFV should now be stable.

NOTE = Run command prompt as ADMIN for all command lines reboot PC after each line is run. I start with sfc /scannow and most times get away with just this one.

sfc /scannow

Only for windows 8 & windows 8.1 Win 10
Reboot PC after you run each command line and close programs and web pages.

This command line will scan the health of your PC.
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

This command line will restore the health of your PC and you dont lose anything .
dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
OR
If restore heath gave you errors then you can always try this command line.
dism /online /cleanup-image /startcomponentcleanup

If you ever get Error 0x800F081F with the restore health scan then run this command line.
Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Message 4 of 9 (719 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I think this may be more than just a PC driver issue. I have been in several XBox BFV matches where I can see the speaker icon next to my Squad light up when they speak but I hear only the Game's sound effects and music. Same goes when I speak, I see the speaker icon indicate I am talking, but nobody hears me either. I thought they were just limiting us to "Parties" and Friends like we see in Star Wars Battlefront 2. Oh well, Just a bunch of F-this, F-that on the mic chat anyway.

Message 5 of 9 (694 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

FOUND THE ISSUE!!!

Turns out that one of my mic settings was changed in Windows.  The ALWAYS ON button was switched.  It wasn't called that, but that's what it did.  Something like "Ready....blah blah".   It made my mic always be on.   The game setting had the use key to talk, but it didn't matter.   

Works now!

Message 6 of 9 (666 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@heychadwick Ya win 10 loves to change settings more so after updates lol. Happy its fixed for you. Edit I marked your topic as solved.

Message 7 of 9 (662 Views)

★★ Novice

can u tell me how to fix thism i have the same issue

Message 8 of 9 (623 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I had to go to audio devices in Windows and literaly disable anything else but headphones. It worked, somehow btv was sending voip voice to a monitor that has no speakers and was not even chosen as an active audio device, while the game saounds were played on headphones...  So just disable anything else even if you never use it and that should do it. 

Message 9 of 9 (515 Views)