Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Squad Battles freezing at half time | Solution (For now)

by TravothePro

Original Post

★★★★ Novice
Well i don't know if somone said this before but i think i found the way around the bug, atleast for squad battle 0-3 loss.
As soon you enter the Squad Battle match, if you don't hear the intro music on the black and gold intro screen,when you go past the opponents squad, you just alt f4 out and it doesn't count as 0-3 loss. You have to be fast tho.. It's the same in offline season when you alt f4 and you can do the same match again. It works for me and yeah its annoying but atleast i won't loose any rank and nerves over this bug.....
Message 31 of 72 (557 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yeah, maybe that walkaround works. I took the decision of uninstall the game. * you EA

Message 32 of 72 (549 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Nice, now i have two losses in SB due another freezing bug.

Just want to know if i'll be rewarded by the matches and ranking point i've lost

Edit: i've noticed during the match that my "Start/Pause" button and strats does'n work either, i can play till first half ends and game freeze, but i can't do any subs or changes of strats.

Message 33 of 72 (548 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_Andy@EA_Aidan@EA_Joker

This thread is more than one month old. Is EA even aware of this problem? Can we get ANY update from you guys??

Message 34 of 72 (531 Views)

EA Origin Team

@DaX_93_pl

Andy posted here today looking for additional information from people. We are aware of the issue and working to resolve it.

-Aido

Message 35 of 72 (522 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@EA_Andy

My bad, I didn't noticed that post.

Anyway, thank you for answering in this case. It would be much better if you guys could communicate/comment in other very important threads (like SB gameplay, two threads with more than 30pts and no EA answer... sorry for little OT)
Message 36 of 72 (513 Views)

★★★★ Novice

PC same here. Squad battles, start the game then all of a sudden at the kick off I notice the ball kicking sound has gone, then that tells me the game is gone wrong. Try to push start & nothing happens. Then if you continue the game it plays ok without half the sounds & at half time there's no way to continue due to the start button not working. Only fix is to ALT F4 out, sort it out EA.

Message 37 of 72 (443 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I'm another PC player with the same problem. Every 2-3 squad battle matches with the half time bug', exactly the same as what others are describing.

We need a fix for this, I have spoken to help advisors and they are clueless, tell me it's my internet disconnecting!

As someone who spend money on points to open packs, I feel cheated that i'm loosing out on valuable game rewards from low ranks due to a game bug.

Fix the issue or compensate us! We pay for a working game and the support I have experienced so far is terrible and that's me being kind.

Message 38 of 72 (428 Views)

★ Apprentice
The half time bug keeps coming back. Fix needed asap. Losing contracts
Message 39 of 72 (411 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

- Platform:
PC

- Gamertag / PSN / EAID:
Krisss2323

- Timestamp:
It happend right now 10:55 gmt+1

- Does this only happen at half time or does it happen at other times?

It happend at half time but there was a few minute freeze in 20minute of the game when i had to take an out and it wouldnt let me for couple of minutes

Message 40 of 72 (397 Views)

fifa-zigzag-img

Open these ports in FIFA 18

Try opening (or forwarding) these ports to help improve your connection.

View more on EA Help

fifa-18-promo-img-2

Update your FUT Security Question

Help keep your FUT account secure to the max! This one is separate from your EA Account.

Use EA Help's steps on your trusted device
orange-gradient-rectangle-image

Prevent disconnects and DNFs

Troubleshoot your connection to avoid DNFs