Product: FIFA 18
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? iker3085
Which mode has this happened in? FIFA Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Squad Battles
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 10/09/2017
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 10:30 PM
What is your time zone? ECT - GMT + 1:00
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If I play a game in squad battles, this bug might occur, happened to me twice. Not sure how to recreate it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The match starts normal but I can't pause it, wanted to make a substitution in first half but pressing the pause button (options button on PS4) nothing happened. When the ref blew the whistle for halftime, the usual highlights showed up but instead of going to the menu, I got back to the pitch where all players were just standing around, also the 4th referee was slowly walking over the pitch. I was not able to do anything, tried disconnecting my controller, nothing happened. After 15 minutes I had to close the app from the PS4 dashboard. When I restarted FIFA 18, I got 0-3 loss (game was 0-0 when I had to quit) and got not a single point for it.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to pause the game and get to the second half after halftime

That's how it was looking in halftime: https://streamable.com/d837q

Video is from Saturday, when I first had this bug, yesterday it was the exactly the same.

I'm quite fuming, how are we supposed to be successful in Squad Battles if these kind of bugs force you to quit and get losses. I expecting EA to get their stuff together and compensate their customers, Top 100 is nearly impossible with this.

Message 1 of 77 (6,636 Views)

Re: Squad Battles: Game won't continue after halftime

★★★ Newbie

I had the exact same issue yesterday.  After the highlights it just went back to the pitch,  all the starters where standing still while the refs and bench players walked across the pitch to the exit.  

I tried to disconnect the controller,  change to another profile account and nothing worked.  I just ended up shutting down the PS4. I assume I got a 0-3 loss out of it.  Thanks EA! 

Message 2 of 77 (6,476 Views)

★★ Novice
Me to. 11/17/2017
Message 3 of 77 (6,418 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm also having the same problem, today alone I had to exit the game 4(!) times already. Every time during the halftime break, just before the menu is supposed to pop up. Also it seems to be happening more frequent since the last update. EA Please fix this problem, it's ruining Squad Battles and Single Player seasons (haven't encountered it in online seasons/weekend league so far).

Platform: Origin PC

Message 4 of 77 (6,351 Views)

★★★ Novice

aaaaand again!! @#&$! Fix this * please!!

Message 5 of 77 (6,341 Views)

★ Novice

Exactly same problem. Happened right after the newest update

Message 6 of 77 (6,336 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: FIFA 18
Platform: PC (Origin)
What is your Gamertag/PSN ID? Aladdinm
Which mode has this happened in? FIFA Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Squad Battles
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 30/11/2017 & 1/12/2017
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 07:30 PM & 4:43 AM
What is your time zone? GMT + 3:00
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (50%)

Hello,

It happened to me as well. It only started happening after the newest update. 30/11/2017 - 1/12/2017.

It did not happen in online at all. Happened to me twice so far in Squad Battles.

Suddenly game won't respond to start button which means you cannot access menu UI and when first half ends, the game stays at the players without doing anything.

You can see the screenshot. This is really weird, never had any issues in the past.

Please fix this asap it is so annoying.

Message 7 of 77 (6,330 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sigh, I'm glad I'm not alone but man oh man, so frustrated.

Lost my top 100 cause of 2 matches going to 0 points. Lost a FUT draft cause of this at the start.

All after the update. Checking if the game and controller work properly every game is exhausting. Like my 4th fifa in a row (15-18) there's always some massive dumb errors.

Message 8 of 77 (6,295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have had the exact same issue 3 times ( out of 4 games played).

It indeed is quite annoying and hope that it will be fixed soon.

Message 9 of 77 (6,287 Views)

★★★ Novice

Right, I'm done. 8 games 0 points now in Squad Battles.. I am so so so p*ssed off

Message 10 of 77 (6,262 Views)