Betreff: Squad Battles: Game won't continue after halftime

by W1L_Fr

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

I just played couple of SB and hoped its fixed already.. won 7:0 and 4:1 on legendary so I start another one, I am up 2:0 after just 10 minutes with some very nice goals and then I realise I cant hear fans or whatever.. like wtf, repair it already!! Fix your game ffs and make amends! So pissed right now

Message 61 of 77 (1,126 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Almost 1 month with this bug. Its look like EA dont care about it...
Message 62 of 77 (1,123 Views)

Anonymous
Here is me recording a video of it, I lost the points as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfXsBUslsoI
Message 63 of 77 (1,095 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Looks like the bug will carry on in FIFA 19 at this rate
Message 64 of 77 (1,048 Views)

Re: Squad Battles: Game won't continue after halftime

★★★★ Novice

PC version is still doing it. You have to listen to the ball sound in the warm up. If you don't hear the ball being kicked then it's going to not move on, so just alt&f4 out to not lose the game & just lose a contract,. Pathetic EA this is still happening, crazy..

Message 65 of 77 (993 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Right I've come on hopefully with good news. My personal problem was not only squad battles, but also single player seasons. I have the same problem as everyone else, then I stumbled upon something that fingers crossed has stopped it for me. I have now just played 4 squad battles & 3 single player season games in a row without the problem. What I did was cleared my origin cache. Go & google how to do it, it's simple & touch wood it stops it happening...

Message 66 of 77 (944 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same problem

Message 67 of 77 (896 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Yes I rarely get it now. Here's what I done:

1. Clear origin cache files
2. Uninstall FIFA
3. Uninstall origin
4. Delete FIFA folder in my documents
5. Restart and install origin and FIFA.

If bug comes back just do a repair and restart. Hopefully the bug will rarely come.
Message 68 of 77 (885 Views)

★ Novice

having same problem. this is sooo annoying...

- Platform: PC
- Gamertag / PSN / EAID: aiith76
- Timestamp* : 2018-01-05, around 00:03, GMT +9:00
- Does this only happen at half time or does it happen at other times? the game freezed after the first half, could not hear certain sound effects as all other users.

Message 69 of 77 (874 Views)

★ Guide

So guys this stopped happening to me, for a week now. Here is what I did to 'fix' it:

In the main menu, I went to customize>profile>delete>

then I deleted 'FUT Squad Update 1'

After this I went into the kickoff screen which downloaded the latest kickoff squads, then backed out, and went into Ultimate Team and then it re-downloaded the latest squads for FUT. I have had no problems for a week now (50+ games). Normally the bug would happen every 1-2 games.

Initially I would just delete the FUT squad Update and re-download after every FUT match which allowed me to go multiple games without the bug occurring, but it didn't always work. I would go 2-3 games, sometimes 4. I had been doing this for a while since it was quicker than restarting Fifa after every match. But it seems also downloading the kickoff squad update as well seems to have fixed it permanently.

Solutions I had tried earlier which did not work for me:

-Repair Fifa 18 in Origin Menu..

-Deleting FUT Squad Update 1, and re-downloading FUT Squad Update by entering Ultimate Team (did not download Kickoff squad update).

-Creating a new FUT Squad and deleting old squads in squad menu.

So for those who have tried other solutions and still keep getting the bug u can try that as well. I will re-post this on the other related threads hopefully it can help someone.

Message 70 of 77 (826 Views)