Split screen on the pc for pvz garden warfare 2 ?

by PartyGargantuar

Original Post

Re: Split screen on the pc for pvz garden warfare 2 ?

★★★ Novice

I thought I was going to be able to play it with my wife. I bought it solely for the splitscreen. After seaching for the co-op option for ten minutes in the game, and realizing my mistake, I used Origins Great Game Policy and was able to returned it.

I'm a father and a husband and work two jobs. I don't have much free time. I like video games, but if I'm going to buy a game, it has to be one I can play with my family. They come first. Sorry Popcap.

Message 11 of 45 (4,682 Views)

★★ Novice

any plans to add it on the near future?

Message 12 of 45 (4,661 Views)

★★ Novice

Please consider adding split-screen support for PC. More and more people are using PC's as an entertainment system in the living room. We don't have a games console and it's frustrating for my two children not to be able to play together. Even more so when their friends are able to do so on PS4 and Xbox. Thanks.

Message 13 of 45 (4,619 Views)

★ Apprentice

We must to make a petition for the split screen in the pc. No?

Message 14 of 45 (4,608 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

EA, this comes from my heart when seeing my children playing turn-based or time lap based, waiting to play one after the other: 

We, PC Gamers also paid this game the same way ps4 and xbox players do. Can we get the full game too? I've my PC connected to my tv and play it with my children. I have controllers and a nice graphics card, and guess what? There is hope in my mind about you. I trust you and I'm really waiting for you to deliver the split screen functionality for PC gamers too. That's what I say to my children "Kids, lets wait a couple of months to get split screen, EA is a good company and they care about their customers, they gonna make it". 

Thanks in advance.

Message 15 of 45 (4,591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

We want split screen! We want split screen!

- What we want?

- SPLIT SCREEN! (Mob of PC gamers)

- When we want it?

- NOW!

We want split screen! We want split screen! We want split screen! We want split screen! We want split screen! We want split screen! We want split screen! We want split screen! We want split screen! We want split screen! We want split screen! We want split screen!

Message 16 of 45 (4,560 Views)

Hero (Retired)

As someone who occasionally plays split screen racing/beat-em-up games with the wife in the living room on PC....  I'd throw my vote into the ring as I'd like to see it.  Doubt we'd use it much but it'd be a nice option to have open.

I don't see it in the cards for this game... but keep voicing your opinions (respectfully) and hopefully they will listen for future titles.

Message 17 of 45 (4,556 Views)

★ Novice

I thought this had local split screen when I bought it for the PC. If PC gamers don't get the full game, we should have to pay the full-game price! 

Message 18 of 45 (4,546 Views)

★★★★ Novice

What kind of design decision is not supporting all the features for PC? First there's no voice chat and now there's no split screen. I could understand if it was a console where hardware limitations might hurt two people trying to play at once but this is just silly.

Message 19 of 45 (4,541 Views)

Hero

@Desanthian wrote:

What kind of design decision is not supporting all the features for PC? First there's no voice chat and now there's no split screen. I could understand if it was a console where hardware limitations might hurt two people trying to play at once but this is just silly.

Creating the game for PC requires optimizing the game for different hardware configurations. Something which consoles doesn't need. So, the time to do this might have been taken from Splitscreen / voice chat as gamers on PC usually use 3rd party voice communication programs (like the one built into Origin) and don't play split screen.

It's not like just decided to not carry over these functions from console as the code used for console would simply not work on PC - so they would have had to spend resources reprogramming these features on PC and considering the few PC gamers who would actually use these 2 features I personally think it made sense for them to focus on something else.

carbonic signature

Message 20 of 45 (4,532 Views)