Re: Spacebar quits game

by EA_Darko

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Spacebar quits game

★★ Newbie

Spacebar in Apex legends is used for Jumping, but it's for some reason also used to interact inside a menu instead of just clicking. A problem i've ran into is.... that sometimes i accidentaly tap ESC when trying to exit someones dead inventory. Usually i tend to wanna jump just as soon as i'm out of their bag. So when rapidly tapping space, and then also tapping ESC once to leave the bag, it instead quits the game. Because the ESC button is ONLY used for opening the menu. Menu + Rapid spacebar tapping = Game Quits. I haven't found any way to change this in the keybindings. I would appreciate if someone helped me out or if Apex Legends simply made it so spacebar isn't an interact button. Thanks!

Message 1 of 8 (2,211 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback @HieronymousBoss and @themezmerizer.

Have you tried remapping the key to see if it makes a difference?

Darko

Darko.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (2,156 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

I have had the same issues even when I thought I was being careful. Spacebar should NOT be used to exit the game. That is what the escape key is for. Can that please be changed or add a hotkey change in the settings option to fix?

Message 2 of 8 (2,171 Views)
Highlighted

Community Manager

Thanks for the feedback @HieronymousBoss and @themezmerizer.

Have you tried remapping the key to see if it makes a difference?

Darko

Darko.png
Message 3 of 8 (2,157 Views)

★★★ Novice
Ooooh man, I really hope this feature was not scrapped because of this post. Please bring back the double spacebar tap to exit to the lobby after a match.

I can understand this being a problem during an active game, but after a match, a swift exit should be must-have.
Message 4 of 8 (2,112 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with the community @TheLostEmpire.

Darko 

Darko.png
Message 5 of 8 (2,069 Views)

★★ Novice

Why not backspace? That makes sense even in the name of the key

Message 6 of 8 (1,783 Views)

★★★ Novice

I concur, hitting tab to skip some menus and shift to skip others and then not having a confirm for the 'quit game' option anywhere on the keyboard is irritating.

Message 7 of 8 (1,611 Views)

★ Guide
@themezmerizer i use space bar to leave the game
i am still waiting to bring it back, it's been years ago!
Message 8 of 8 (925 Views)