Sounds randomly never play or no sound at all

by Throhjen

Original Post

Sounds randomly never play or no sound at all

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Most of the games i've played had this issue, where sounds randomly don't play. Someone running to you? Gunshots literally right on you? nope, no sound for no reason, i mean there are some i could list but i shouldn't. What i'm wondering is what is there being done to a thing that's been reported ever since the game first launched?

To be more specific on the last instance of it happening, i was bloodhound, ult on, in swamps, fighting a guy shooting in front of me, while no sounds were playing from the other guy shooting me in the back.

Message 1 of 8 (539 Views)

Footstep sounds only there part of the time.

★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Geforce 960, laptop geforce 1060
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Gurlois
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. Hailstorm32
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? PathFinder/Wraith
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Octaine
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. It happens everywhere. It has since the beginning of the game.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Playing the game. Fighting people.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It has happened since my first apex games.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Sigh. Always. Since the Beginning.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? About 2/3 enemies I fight make no footsteps. Some games I hear almost everything the way you're suppose to be able to, but the majority of them multiple enemies can sprint around the corner and headbutt me without a single footstep.This happens to everyone I play with. We've tried different headsets, game settings, headset settings, and drivers. Sometimes when you die and spectate a teammate you can suddenly hear everything perfectly like a switch was flipped. I die so often to people who's sound doesn't play that there honestly isn't a point in putting in effort anymore.
What should be happening instead? You should be able to hear, very clearly people sprinting, pathfinder grapples, and people on ziplines, which is also a sound that dissapears. Also sliding which was the one thing I thought I could always hear didn't make sound 3 times today.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'd look into the fact that the footstep sound becomes very clear once we start spectating someone else after death. Also everywhere I look online for similar problems, the majority of people are using Cloud headsets. I've tried my Hyperxcloud2, and Cloud Alpha. Neither with success. I have noticed it easier to hear the footsteps that do go through since the last couple updates, so nice job on those. It's just a flip of the coin whether you'll hear the guy sprinting up behind you. This happens for the 2 others I play with often as well.

Please fix this. It happens to people everywhere. Just pick someone on twitch, watch them for a bit and someone who made no sound will start shooting at them close by.

Message 2 of 8 (469 Views)

Re: The sound in the game is in its worst state right now

Community Manager

@Throhjen 

Thank you for reaching out. Which platform do you play on and what audio device do you use? If you're interested in troubleshooting we can try diving into some workaround steps to see what we can do to improve it for you while we raise these reports to the team.

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 8 (509 Views)

★★ Guide

PC, headphones with which i haven't had any issues before(Cloud II). It's unfortunate that i've ragequitted at that time, which made me unable to retrieve the footage of what exactly happened (i used to do that when i cared more about the game and only wanted it to improve), but what i said before it's quite precise. Other instances are when there are a lot of things happening at once, fighting multiple teams, near the zone buzzing etc. But to that extent, person shooting right behind me with no audio whatsoever...that was a rare occurrence. 

Message 4 of 8 (501 Views)

Community Manager

@Throhjen 

Can you ping us a DxDiag in here?

How to Pull a DxDiag

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 8 (456 Views)

★★ Guide

Audio switch is something that i use to swap between playback devices.

Message 6 of 8 (454 Views)

Community Manager

@Throhjen 

So there's a variety of things we can try to see f the audio improves for you. 

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 8 (451 Views)

Community Manager

@Gurlois 

Moved your post over here to take a look at these steps.

Blueberry.png
Message 8 of 8 (441 Views)