Sound quality on ps5

by abc1757797277

Original Post

Sound quality on ps5

★★ Novice

Hello all, 

I played Apex on ps4 with turtle beach headset stealth 600 and the sound was spot on, but since i have switched to ps5 and have the new ps5 pulse 3d headphones i struggle with hearing the footsteps and some sounds are so quiet! Even when i try my turtle beach the sound is still the same, i know it's still a ps4 game but any ideas how i can fix this or when Apex will update for ps5 so i get the 3d affects from the pulse headphones?

Cheers

Message 1 of 10 (4,560 Views)

Re: Sound quality on ps5

Community Manager

Hey @abc1757797277

The Apex Legends team has been investigating some general audio issues. It's possible the audio issues you've been experiencing are also a part of this. I'm afraid I don't have a time frame on when the issues might be fixed, but hopefully it will be sorted out soon. 

Thanks for your patience on this. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 10 (4,506 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. I have the Sony Gold wireless headset and I use to have superb sound in Apex when I was playing on the PS4. On the PS5... its horrible! No surround at all, having trouble understanding where the enemies are. I tried with 3d audio on or off, wired or not... nothing works. The sound is always bad. I wish it get fixed. Apex was my favorite game but I can't play like this.

Message 3 of 10 (4,456 Views)

★★ Novice
@DavidPaquet76 Turn off 3D audio in audio settings on the PS5. Makes a world of difference.
Message 4 of 10 (4,178 Views)

★★ Novice
@abc1757797277 Turn off 3D Audio in PS5 settings. Sound will be much better.
Message 5 of 10 (4,177 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It goes from horrible to bad. I cant get any good surround!

Message 6 of 10 (4,164 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem too . With the sony headset 2.0 on ps4 the surround sound was great. Now on ps5 it's hideous, even with the new pulse 3D. Have you found a solution?

Message 7 of 10 (3,971 Views)

★★ Apprentice

J'ai  le même problème  je pense que sa se produit que sur les jeux ps4 retrocompatible qui son pas optimisé  pour la ps5 et l'audio 3D. Le son 3D sur apex est complètement  à  la ramasse.

Message 8 of 10 (3,162 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Le son passe  de très nul à super nul avec cette méthode, aucune localisation d'ennemis sans spatialisation du son qu'il  n'y a plus sur ps5 avec apex en ce moment sur ps5.Ce qui offre un gameplay prédateur sur ps4 à un gameplay argent avec les sons éclaté au sol sur ps5.La spatialisation est primordial dans un fps,impossible de jouer en stéréo.

Message 9 of 10 (3,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have been trying to figure this problem out for years now..... The Audio issues seems to be linked to the headset you are using. It's like the base (for me) aint going all the way through. My friends complain about my microphone too saying it's "way to loud in trebble" and the weapons make my ears BLEED bc how horrible they sound. I dont know much about sound but im guessing there is something wrong with the amplitude or modulation.

Headset i know works are;

Astro A50

JBL QUANTUM 800

Headset i know DONT WORK

Corsair

Logitech wireless pro

Steel series arctics 1

I have tested more headsets but i dont remember them all. 

Message 10 of 10 (1,805 Views)