Sound gone in game

by starr13lia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sound gone in game

★★★ Newbie

Last two days, sound has been absent in game. Sporadically can hear footstep noise at varying random distances, gunfire is also randomly able to be heard but at muted levels and not matching the cadence of the gun firing or the correct noise for the weapon

Message 1 of 6 (319 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Sound gone in game

Community Manager

@starr13lia 

Got it, thanks!

I am curious if the audio settings might be trying to put out sound to a channel that doesn't actually exist. Have you double-checked to make sure the sound settings on your Xbox are set to the correct output? If they're set to surround sound for example, make sure the output is set to stereo. 

Let me know if that makes any difference if you're able to give it a shot. Thanks! 

Kent.png

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (217 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @starr13lia

Which platform are you playing on? 

Kent.png
Message 2 of 6 (287 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Xbox one

Message 3 of 6 (281 Views)

Community Manager

@starr13lia 

Gotcha, thanks! Are you running sound through a headset or headphones, or are you using speakers? 

Kent.png
Message 4 of 6 (253 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’ve been running sound through a headset, but have also tested pushing it through the television itself to the same effects.

Message 5 of 6 (240 Views)

Community Manager

@starr13lia 

Got it, thanks!

I am curious if the audio settings might be trying to put out sound to a channel that doesn't actually exist. Have you double-checked to make sure the sound settings on your Xbox are set to the correct output? If they're set to surround sound for example, make sure the output is set to stereo. 

Let me know if that makes any difference if you're able to give it a shot. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 6 of 6 (218 Views)