Re: Sound cutting out

by Tehone

Original Post

Re: Battlefront 2 Sound Bug

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So you guys did find the issue? If not will you guys let us know if you still are working on it, because this issue is too consistent to us. Many people I encounter with through Galactic Assault always seem to run into this issue. As have I. Really hoping you guys are able to fix it with the General Grievous release. Best of luck on the fix.

P.S. thank you for addressing to the community in letting us know you guys are helping with the issue without keeping us in the dark

Message 391 of 430 (2,483 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

At least, the last information was: In ONE of the UPCOMING patches/bugfixes.. Next one is tuesday I think when Grevious is coming. They fixed it in FIFA so I hope BF2 is next to fix

Message 392 of 430 (2,389 Views)

★★ Guide

Good news: 

• Fixed an issue where the game's sound would occasionally cut abruptly during gameplay and remain inactive until the game was restarted.

Community Transmission - General Grievous Update

Message 393 of 430 (12,056 Views)

★ Guide

Yes Yes finally!!!!!!!

Message 394 of 430 (2,357 Views)

Thanks @Szaby59 for posting that! Was about to do it myself Standard smile

Really excited to see if the fix indeed worked. Then I can finally play 3 consecutive GA matches without having to restart my PC!

Message 395 of 430 (2,346 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey everyone!

Just checking if you're still experiencing the notorious sound bug after installing the latest update? Wondering

Please let us know if you notice issues with the sound again.

Thanks in advance!

/Ataashi

Message 396 of 430 (2,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@EA_Ataashi

Not sure if this is an entirely different sound bug or the same one prior to the patch but downgraded but I definitely think something is still a bit screwy with the sound, but not on the same severity as the sound bug prior to the patch.

Just now I was in a GA Kashyyk match on the Separatist side and throughout the entire match my sound was cutting in and out, but in a different way than before. It would cut out suddenly, then a muffled echo of an explosion or gunfire would follow with a split second of irregular static, silence for a few seconds, then all of the sound would return. There was no real specific time-frame between when it happened either, it was either a few seconds or a few minutes before the next one would occur. The thing is though that it was never permanent, so the sound would stop, do all of the above, then return just fine and not once was sound gone for more than a minute, even 30 seconds I would say, so that is definitely a good thing compared to what it used to be.

After the match ended I was swapped over to the Republic on the same map, and I had no sound issues at all during that round. Map change, two rounds of Death Star II due to the Halloween event and no sound issues. As far as I know, this is either the same sound bug as before but downgraded or a completely different sound bug. Thankfully though it isn't permanent so I don't have to restart the game to get sound back and it was just for that one round, so either it was a weird one off or it is a bug that will happen at random intervals.

I'll try to record it if it happens again and post it here.

Thanks.

*EDIT* Happened again on Naboo on the Separatist side and lasted for that round, next round the sound was fine. Here is the video of it: 

Message 397 of 430 (2,188 Views)

★★ Novice

same

Message 398 of 430 (2,151 Views)

★ Guide

Last night I turned the music back on, played like 8 or 9 GA rounds and no sound issues so far. (fingers crossed)

Message 399 of 430 (2,130 Views)

★★ Novice

I installed the update yesterday and have played 4 hours without the sound cutting out. It would happen to me within 30 minutes every time I played, thank you for fixing it. I play the PC version and so far so good 🤞

Message 400 of 430 (2,096 Views)