by bmloder8

Original Post

Re: Sons account wont connect MUT

★★★ Newbie

HAVING THE EXACT SAME ISSUE!

Message 31 of 48 (626 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hey Blueberry.  Thanks for the response.  I'm hopeful you guys can come to some solution!

Message 32 of 48 (607 Views)

★★ Novice

I was getting the 'You must be signed in to Xbox Live and the EA servers in order to access the online features of this title. You will be unable to access any online features until you sign in to Xbox Live and the EA servers again.  See ea.com/unable-to-connect for additional information'.  

It has to be that my son's and my account are tied together some how (we have separate gamer tags, passwords, etc.).  We have both had the same error above.  The strange this is...he was having this error, and I turned off my Xbox then he was able to connect.  Then...my 'The Yard' player was showing on his Xbox and not his The Yard player, even though it was showing logged in as his gamer tag (my gamer tag isn't even on his Xbox).  Any ideas?  Thanks 

Message 33 of 48 (599 Views)

★★★★ Novice

When ever I try to load up ultimate team is says the message "Error, Our servers cannot process your request at this time. Please try again later." I believe its because I sold a player that was in my current lineup. You guys said it was fixed yesterday but I still haven't been able to get into the mode.

Message 34 of 48 (590 Views)

★ Novice

I’m having problems on my Xbox. On my main account I can all game modes except mut and my back up account I can everything. Don’t know what’s going on. 

Message 35 of 48 (567 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is exactly what is going on for my son and I.   We can both log in and play but not at the same time.   Which is frustrating because we want to play together and dominate all of you other father son combos... Standard smile Wink    We play xbox 1.   All other maddens we can play same time ( we checked ) we just cannot both log in at the same time for Madden 21.   We have done all of the trouble shoots.    I even did the paid monthly subscription for both accounts..  nothing.    I will be having bank reverse the charge soon if its not resolved..   We will just go throw a real football around instead :D 

Message 36 of 48 (540 Views)

Cannot connect to server for ultimate team.

★★★ Novice

My ps4 username is LpRucka. I have not been able to play this F'N game for weeks now. Had the new update. I've installed and reinstalled and still the same *.  I've bought the MVP version. A bunch of points and cant do * with them. This is ridiculous especially because there is NO ONE to speak to or email. Unless I wait till EA calls me and cant understand a damn thing they're saying nor do they have a clue or any answers. Please let me know what to do. Sucks my son was waiting forever for this game and cant even play the 1 thing he really wanted. Would be great to get some sort of answer . Unless I have till wait till madden 2022 to get an answer. After this * tho I may have to stop buying all together. Thanks roger. 

Message 37 of 48 (506 Views)

★★★ Novice

you seem to be in response to a bunch of these posts..any clue how i can get my mut to work again..no one has answers on your support team..no one has a solution..ive done updates..uninstall reinstall.still nothing..been weeks now after buying the mvp edition and extra points and cant do anything with them..please some sort of info,,ive spoke to several people on the phone who have to idea what there talking about, from what i can understand from them.  

Message 38 of 48 (472 Views)

Community Manager

@bhntz233gm 

I feel for you as this is not the easiest situation to be in due to government laws EA must comply with to protect underage accounts. I have more information on those below, but as Forum Community Managers we are not able to to make any account changes from our end. You must get in touch with our EA Advisors in order to address any account related inquiries such as this. I'm sorry you've had some experiences with our Support that are below your expectations, perhaps those Advisors need additional training around this topic, however I encourage you to follow up your already created case(s) to see if you have any other options our EA Support teams can walk you through.

Online Access for Child Accounts

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/account/online-access-for-child-accounts/

COPPA
https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/childrens-online-priv...

Blueberry.png
Message 39 of 48 (462 Views)

★★ Apprentice

As Geraldo would say, give me a break.  COPPA has to do with protecting minor information. EA development is just lazy to comply.  Allowing a minor to purchase the game they cannot use without disclosing that at the point of purchase with no effective refund recourse is illegal and is an FTC violation (the same federal entity which oversees COPPA).  I have also seen nothing to allow the transfer of the extra packs sold to minors in the MVP version to an adult.  EA is fine to take a minor's money for a good which they cannot provide.

The fact that EA can block the usage of games only bolsters users' legal standing - EA proves they can discern the users age, but they only do so at usage, not at the point of sale.  Also, since prior versions of Madden enforced COPPA, EA has proven they can follow COPPA (look at the parental agreements under Madden 20 settings).  That also sets a precedent of expected behavior of the software.

Other game manufacturers comply with COPPA.  If EA is stating they are incapable, the NFL should find a company which can do so to sell their games.

Any parents who have an issue, lodge a complaint at ftc.com as well as the Californian state attorney.

EA is already under another class action on gambling laws in CA, so this locking of minor accounts is probably them trying to now dissuade minor usage to cover their legal behinds.  The MVP version has the extra packs in question by the class action lawsuit. 

If EA cared ANYTHING about minors, they would not STEAL their money and would allow FULL refunds to minors who EA ALLOWED to buy the product.

So, DON'T say EA is protecting minors.  People who care about minors will not rip them off.

Lastly, EA advisors are offshore call centers who will do NOTHING.  EA_Blueberry, you work at EA so raise the issue up.  The issue is not about account management changes.  There is no recourse EA is offering for children EA has financially swindled.

Message 40 of 48 (459 Views)