Something Suss about Apex...

by Henry_Chungster7

Original Post

Something Suss about Apex...

★★★★ Apprentice

Hello legends! 

Not sure if this is exactly a technical issue but it is a problem we all are expereicing and again it's matchmaking. 

I sound like a broken record here but it's facts... hear me out? 

Normally apex uses a terrible money consumed type of SBMM called EOMM (engagement optmised match-making) this is an algertherm made based on your average play time, win rate, kills etc. to try keep you on the game for as long as possible (money for them). Usaully it's something like... first game or two is very easy, high kills and damage to make you feel good and warmed up. then in the middle of your sesh it gets medium - very hard diffculty so you win less and play against very good players (so they can win and get easy kills) and then towards the end of the seshi they let you win again and making it more easy to you feel like it was a good sesh and want to play again... something along these lines. 

So I've just logged on for the first time in a few days (been playing Warzone which is much more fun atm). And this was not the case (maybe because the last time I went off I got a very good game? who knows?).

My first game I got put with one level 54 and one level 104 and I am level 500 right (ok level doesn't mean anything and maybe they have another account). I could tell these two werent great though because they wanted to land somewhere very quiet with not much loot and I pinged two blue sheilds and these two didnt even pick up a white. Movement was very slow these two pinged everything and they were lagging behind a lot over low teir loot. But some play styles are different so I thought it is more important to play as a team than run off and solo 3 mans! We found an enmagement (Easy they were calling in life-line package so sitting ducks) but my two teammates got downed instantly because they had no sheilds..... at first I was like wow these two are rubbish but I also got ANNIHILATED too. I was like hmmm suss but saw they were all apex preds so top 750 players all had two moving pred badges meaning that in season 6 and 7 in both splits they got to the top 750 consistantly, they had 6, 6 and 3 kills respectively, where this was our first engagement. OUTCLASSED and OUTSKILLED. I dont know whats going on here but thats some BS and thats facts! I don't know who I feel sorry for myself or my rubbish teammates that clearly are not meant to be in this lobby, let alone myself. 

Respawn / EA you got to fix this because it's rediculous.. P.S the second games also went this way and then I was like F that I CBA and just turned it off as its a waste of time. In season 0, 1, 2 and start of season 3, me and my friends and other players I know were getting like 5 kills min per game now we are lucky to get a kill in the 5 games we play, non-sense really IMO. I KNOW WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES! 

Message 1 of 1 (91 Views)