Re: Someone has hacked into my account and reverted my progress

by MantiTheReaper

Original Post

Someone has hacked into my account and reverted my progress

★★ Novice

Hello everyone, so today i felt like playing NFS Heat. I log on and the first thing i see is my rep at 20, barely any money, a starter car and a different character. Turns out someone else has logged into my account and restarted the game, so all my progress from when the game came out to now was gone (finished the game, had very expensive maxed out cars that took ages to grind the money for). So i have changed my password added the security code to my account to prevent this from happening again, but now all my progress is gone. I wanted to ask would it be possible to revert the game to the save file from the cloud before this person has hacked into my account and reverted the game? Already tried talking to support and they suggested to post my issue on the forum. Now all my hours of grinding are gone and all i can do is cry myself to sleep while thinking about my McLaren P1 GTR.

Message 1 of 7 (441 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@MantiTheReaper wrote:

Hello everyone, so today i felt like playing NFS Heat. I log on and the first thing i see is my rep at 20, barely any money, a starter car and a different character. Turns out someone else has logged into my account and restarted the game, so all my progress from when the game came out to now was gone (finished the game, had very expensive maxed out cars that took ages to grind the money for). So i have changed my password added the security code to my account to prevent this from happening again, but now all my progress is gone. I wanted to ask would it be possible to revert the game to the save file from the cloud before this person has hacked into my account and reverted the game? Already tried talking to support and they suggested to post my issue on the forum. Now all my hours of grinding are gone and all i can do is cry myself to sleep while thinking about my McLaren P1 GTR.

I highly doubt your account was hacked. You most likely got reset just like so many other people have already posted about. Did you have an error code pop up?

Message 2 of 7 (400 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@MantiTheReaper you didn't get hacked i had this happen to me also and im on PC. i was ina lobby offline then backed out to see if multiplayer was finally working cause it wasn't for me for a while. I went online and all my stuff was gone and went offline and still gone
Message 3 of 7 (398 Views)

★★ Novice
@GhostRider12897 No I didn't get a pop up, i just got an email that someone has logged into my account from Georgia and Russian. So when i logged in few days later, I seen a completely different character, a starter car and a random guy in my friendlist i never seen before I just assumed i was hacked and the person who did it restarted the game :/
Message 4 of 7 (371 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@MantiTheReaper wrote:
@GhostRider12897No I didn't get a pop up, i just got an email that someone has logged into my account from Georgia and Russian. So when i logged in few days later, I seen a completely different character, a starter car and a random guy in my friendlist i never seen before I just assumed i was hacked and the person who did it restarted the game :/

I see. Well I'm not sure about those account logins, but your progress being reset is the same as a lot of other people. It usually happens after playing offline.

Message 5 of 7 (366 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@GhostRider12897 wrote:

@MantiTheReaper wrote:
@GhostRider12897No I didn't get a pop up, i just got an email that someone has logged into my account from Georgia and Russian. So when i logged in few days later, I seen a completely different character, a starter car and a random guy in my friendlist i never seen before I just assumed i was hacked and the person who did it restarted the game :/

I see. Well I'm not sure about those account logins, but your progress being reset is thecsame as a lot of other people. It usually happens after playing offline.

Maybe it was both?

You got hacked (not necessarily playing the game) and they encountered a sync error, and just restarted figuring what the hey?

Message 6 of 7 (354 Views)

★★ Novice
@speedracer523 Ye i think so, anyway i hope EA finds a way to recover people's lost progress soon. All i can do now is play the game from the start and grind again till that happens.
Message 7 of 7 (304 Views)