Re: Some graphic bugs in Nintendo switch version and lowered resolution after up

by XTINC7T

Original Post

Re: Some graphic bugs in Nintendo switch version and lowered resolution after up

Community Manager

Hey everyone, thanks for the posts.

Glad to hear this is back to normal for you @AymCTL, though we're still seeing some other reports that the issue is ongoing.

We're continuing to investigate and will provide any additional updates in the bug report thread when possible, thanks for hanging in there in the meantime. 

Mako.png
Message 11 of 36 (946 Views)

Re: Harbinger Update - Switch Graphics Changes?

★★★★★ Newbie

I’m experiencing it too I play on the switch oled and it’s like laggy and also motion basically like a filter

Message 12 of 36 (906 Views)

Artifacting on Switch since update last night 09-19-2023

★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Nintendo Switch
Please specify your platform model. Nintendo Switch
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Scrubula
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Gun Range
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. It occurred as I started
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? None
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 09.20.2023 10:00am EST
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? There is heavy pixelization with artifacting which severely hinders gameplay.
What should be happening instead? The image should be smooth as it was and without any pixelated after images
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Boot the Switch version of the game in either handheld or Docked mode to see. The bug occurred since the last update on 09-19-2023.

There is sudden heavy pixelation and artifacting since last nights update on 09-19-2023

Message 13 of 36 (770 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Day 2 da you guys still having this issue, my eyes hurts and getting motion sickness hope they update this its unplayable. Hope they show us switch players so little bit of love and fix it for us.

Message 14 of 36 (879 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thanks @EA_Mako, appreciated.  Hopefully we will hear some good news soon!

Message 15 of 36 (843 Views)

Re: Artifacting on Switch since update last night 09-19-2023

★ Apprentice

Same problem to me.  It looks really awful.

Message 16 of 36 (726 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's weird my game was running beautifully last night, but today is having problems again. It isn't as bad as it was right after the update where the dummies in the firing range were just red lines moving back and forth and the background scenery wasn't showing up.  Today you can see everything just fine, but it all looks "fuzzy.". It's like the whole picture is wavy and some of the graphics distort.  I can't figure out why last night it was working so well, but I'm confident if they can fix it once they will again.  Thanks for keeping us posted.

Message 17 of 36 (839 Views)

Re: Artifacting on Switch since update last night 09-19-2023

★ Apprentice

Same problem.. 

Message 18 of 36 (721 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I think it might be something to do with the collection event. When I looked at the new skins in the event, the graphics looked crazy and then I started playing and everything looked awful. The next time I played, I restarted my switch and didn't look at anything in the event, just the Legends selection screen and the horrible visuals were gone. Maybe it's just a coincidence though.

Message 19 of 36 (821 Views)

★ Apprentice

That's a good insight.  Thanks for sharing.  I'm gonna give it a try tonight

Message 20 of 36 (814 Views)