Re: Setting reset when launched.

by b1ackhand5

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Solved: Settings Reset on Startup

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

When I start the game up, all of my settings reset. This includes keybindings, video settings, audio volume, etc.

Also, on Origin, it says I have played 0 hours, though I've easily played over six.

I've changed my username when the game was open and was wondering if this might be the cause.

Message 1 of 24 (80,569 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Solved: Settings Reset on Startup

★ Novice

For me deleting the file "video_settings_saved_quit" in the folder of the game : "X:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Apex\cfg" solved the problem.

I hope it will work for you.

View in thread

Message 11 of 24 (83,269 Views)

All Replies

Re: Settings Reset on Startup

★★★ Novice

I've finally figured out what it was. I don't know exactly if it was me running Origin as an administrator, deleting a file in the Apex Legends config folder called "video_settings_saved_quit", or enabling/disabling cloud sync in Origin, but it works now. Literally nobody had this problem, but I hope others in the future that have this problem can now fix it!

Message 2 of 24 (80,528 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

No dice for me. I tried deleting the file, enabling/disabling cloud sync, and running origin as admin and settings still reset.

For what its worth I also changed my origin name recently, however I'm pretty sure it was before I launched the game for the first time.

Like you said, haven't really seen anyone else with this issue.

Message 3 of 24 (80,173 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@BMEMEM The above recommended also didn't work for me. I eventually discovered the game saves settings to "C:/Users/<username>/Saved Games/Respawn/Apex". Due to some messing around with default windows libraries I did a few years ago my windows user profile didn't have the correct permissions for "Saved Games". I suggest you check the permissions of this folder by right clicking and selecting Properties, you will find the permissions listed in the Security tab.

Message 4 of 24 (80,144 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have the same problem. And I changed my origin name too. That might be it. Maybe just gonna try to reinstall the game after work.

Yea, that didn't help.

Message 5 of 24 (80,139 Views)

Setting reset when launched.

★★★ Novice

All my setting keeps resetting when launching game after my brother have played and this occur for him as well when he launched his game after me. I tried to troubleshoot it and no solution. I even check the previous post but those solution doesn't help.

Message 6 of 24 (79,577 Views)

Community Manager

@b1ackhand5 

Do any of the solutions offered above in this post fix it for you and your brother?

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 24 (79,557 Views)

★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

No none working for the past 2 weeks, pretty much our only option is to keep changing settings to our preference when we launched the game.

Message 8 of 24 (78,770 Views)

Community Manager

@b1ackhand5 

Another solution has been identified here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/Graphics-settings-keep-resetting-model-detail/td-p/7592...

Have you tried reinstalling the game and/or the Origin client yet?

Blueberry.png
Message 9 of 24 (78,713 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Blueberry 

I have reinstall both origin and Apex over the weekend, and got both of us to login after the other and still the same result, setting not save to our preference it either reset to default or load previous person settings.

Message 10 of 24 (78,485 Views)