[Solved] - My Sims Mobile App Crashes the Moment I Try to Start My Game.

by nycbigl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[Solved] - My Sims Mobile App Crashes the Moment I Try to Start My Game.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My Sims Mobile updated today on my tablet and now it crashed and won't start anymore.

I don't want to loose my level 19 progress because I paid money for many of the items I have in game. I tried to downloading the Sims Mobile game app onto my smartphone but it wanted me to start a new game at level 1 and create a new Sim. I don't want a new game and Sim. I want the one I created and have spent money on already on furniture and clothes. 

How do I fix it and still keep my progress and items I have purchased in game? And if there is no way to get my old level 19 game progress how do I get the $45.66 back that I have put into the game thus far?

Frown

Message 1 of 13 (3,856 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sims Mobile App Crashes the Moment I Try to Start My Game.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Update;

Just wanted to let you all know that with the latest Sims Mobile update the app no longer crashes on my Android tablet and I am now able to play my game on it again.

Bare in mind, I had to reinstall the Sims Mobile again onto my Android tablet. When I saw that it had updated on my smartphone I decided to see if it now worked on my tablet. At first it didn't but when I uninstalled and then reinstalled the app, it finally worked. 

My advice is to make absolutely sure you have the game saved not only on the cloud but at several social media sites so that you don't loose any sims and progress you have made. Once you reinstall, do not panic when it asks you to create a new sim. Once you are done creating a new sim the game will ask you if you wish to play a previous game that is saved in the cloud. Click on that option and you will get your old game back just as you left it.

It seems that the crashing at the opening EA Maxis title screen shot problem was with the previous update and when they created the current updated it fixed the problem.

Thank you everyone that tried to help me in the past and thank you for your patience and putting up with my panicking rants. You guys rock as always. HeartHeartHeart

View in thread

Message 12 of 13 (4,088 Views)

All Replies

Re: My Sims Mobile app crashes the moment I try to start my game.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have no idea if this is the reason why my Sims Mobile app keeps crashing on my Android Tablet but I just found out via Twitter that EA is have service issues today. Shocked

Their Twitter site says, "We are aware that help.ea.com and a number of our services are experiencing issues at this time and are working on a fix. Stay tuned for updates."

https://twitter.com/EAHelp/status/1361302334752628746 

Message 2 of 13 (3,823 Views)

★★ Novice

Did it stop crashing?  I have an iPad and it is still crashing.

Message 3 of 13 (3,768 Views)

★ Guide

No, It has NOT stop crashing at all. And I got no email response from EA help.

Message 4 of 13 (3,749 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Well, after much help from the EA Help Facebook page I managed to get my level 19 back and the items I paid for in-game with my real world cash. I had to reinstall it to my Android "smartphone" and play through the entire tutorial again at level 1 before I got a chance to opt to switch to my level 19 game. That's the good news.

THE BAD NEW IS... The Sims Mobile App still won't stop crashing the very second I click on it to start it on my Android tablet.

I was advice by the EA Help Facebook support that if I still wanted to play on my "Android Tablet" and not on my small Android Alcatel smartphone due to my bad eyesight I would have to reinstall the game on the tablet now that my game has been saved to several social media sites. But I reinstalled it to my Android tablet twice as I was advised to do and it still crashed every single time. For whatever reason the Sims Mobile just doesn't like my Android tablet any more. I don't get it. It was working perfectly fine until the Feb. 15th update. Then the app crashed and stopped working for good on my tablet. Frown

I have done all of the troubleshooting tips that was suggested to me by the EA Help Facebook AND Twitter page. I mean ALL OF THEM. I did everything in the troubleshooting for Android devices page and nothing worked. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/mobile/troubleshooting-steps-for-android/?fbclid=IwAR10612tCibuoImWEh... 

I force stopped my other apps and cleans all caches every time I turned on and off my tablet. I installed and reinstalled the Sims Mobile app. The only thing I was not able to do is turn the WiFi off and use a sims card instead because I don't have a spare sims card to use. The only one I have is the one in my smartphone and it is too small for my tablet. It doesn't fit in the tablet. It was suggested to me by the EA Help Facebook support that maybe I should buy a new sims card to use on the tablet. There is no way I can't afford to do that. I can barely afford my smartphone and cell service and I only pay $15 per month via Mint Mobile. Seriously. That is truly all I could afford. I am my 81 year old father's full time care giver and as a result I don't have a job. I only play my Sims games late at night when he is fast asleep.

It just really baffles me so very much. I was given the Android tablet as a Christmas gift this very past December 2020. So it's brand new. Plus I only just started playing the Sims Mobile is January 2021. It was working fine until the Feb. 15th Sims Mobile update. And now no matter what I do it won't stop crashing one second after I click on the app. I only get to the EA Maxis logo and then down it goes. What gives? Raised eyebrowDisappointed

Message 5 of 13 (3,738 Views)

Hero
@nycbigl What brand, model and OS version is your tablet?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

No trabajo en EA.    

Message 6 of 13 (3,732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Android Version 10.0 Model number TS-M704A.

Message 7 of 13 (3,725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

OK, I am really getting fed up with EA Help Support. Not the Facebook team. They are nice and go out of their way. But the EA Help support page here on the EA website. They keep labeling my report as "fixed". NOTHING IS FIXED WHATSOEVER! The Sims Mobile App is still broken on my new Android tablet. Not one person was able to help me fix it. I resumed the report then a few hours later they labeled it as "fixed" yet again even though the app is still crashing right at the "EA Maxis" logo title screen.

Cut it out! It's fixed when the game works. NOT when it's crashing to the point where you can't even start to play. Am I going to have to resume the report a third time? I don't get it. Raised eyebrowAngryAndroid Tablet Sims Mobile JPG. Screenshot_2021-02-15-16-26-32.jpg

Message 8 of 13 (3,714 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey there @nycbigl,

I understand how frustrating the situation has been for you since you have been unable to play or even launch the game. However, I wanted to highlight that we here on AHQ are not the same as EA Help. This platform is mostly supposed to provide a space where players are helping players. This means there isn't an option to investigate your account or case history I'm afraid. But on here, you may get some helpful troubleshooting steps or workarounds.

If you want someone to look into your cases and case status, it would be best to contact EA Help and you can arrange a callback. 

I hope this clarifies what we can do here on AHQ and that your issue can be resolved soon! Standard smile 

Leeloo.png

Stay and Play.png
Message 9 of 13 (3,683 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Thank you @EA_Leeloo for responding. It is greatly appreciated.

I wasn't complaining about you guys here in EA Answer HQ. I apologize if it came across that way. I must have not explained myself correctly.  In fact, I was venting about the very "Contact EA Help" link you advised me to go to. I have already filed a case report with them about the crashes but for whatever reason they kept labeling it as fixed. To this day, The Sims Mobile App is still crashing on my Android tablet one second after I click on it to start.

The Good news is that they did eventually changed the status as "In Progress". Which means that at the very least they do know it is still malfunctioning due to the last update. 

But truthfully, at this point I have resigned to the possibility that it might never be fixed at all. The kind and helpful "EA Help Facebook" team said that the only thing that could be hoped for at this point is that "... just hope that if there is another update, you might be able to open it again...". Oh well. At least I know it's not just me alone. From what I read and gather in the troubleshooting page The Sims Mobile just doesn't do well sometimes on Android devices. 

Anyway, I'm sincerely sorry you thought I was complaining about you guys here in Answer HQ. I have always appreciated the hard work you all put into this specific site. Sorry about the misunderstanding. Heart

Message 10 of 13 (3,670 Views)