Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Solved: Another "Cannot connect to Anthem"

by Ivisi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Solved: Another "Cannot connect to Anthem"

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I've been trying since launch.  This is my last ditch effort to find a resolution for it.  Game launches, title screen shows, "Connecting to online services", then to a settings menu where I can change a few settings or exit the game.  That's it, that's all I can do with the game.

I've tried everything suggested by the official EA troubleshooting tips and all of the workarounds or "solutions" that have been posted here and elsewhere.  My time settings are auto, I've direct-connected my PC to the cable modem and bypassed my NAT router, Windows firewall has been disabled for years, used multiple DNS servers, killed every non-essential service and background process, Ran as administrator, uninstalled/reinstalled game and Origin client, etc, etc.  Nothing works, I've not seen a millisecond of gameplay since launch.    I'm very nearly at the point of giving up for good, that this game just does not want to be played.

So, does anyone have any last ditch, Hail Mary, out-of-the-box suggestions to finally get this game working that I may have overlooked?

Edit:  Forgot system information

Ryzen 7 1700X

16GB DDR4-3000

AMD RX 560 4gb GPU (have also tried an NVidia 970 to no avail)

512GB Samsung 970 EVO (OS drive <- where Origin client lives)

4GB standard HDD (games libraries <- where Anthem and a couple dozen other fully working games live)

2TB RAID array (critical files for video and DAW editing <- tried Anthem on this drive after one of my reinstalls, no dice)

Google WiFi router/mesh (PC is connected via Ethernet)

Motorola cable-modem to Spectrum ISP (have attempted direct Ethernet connection to this device from PC, no dice there, either)

Message 1 of 2 (139 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Another "Cannot connect to Anthem"

★★★★ Novice

Solved:  If you're seeing this issue and all else fails, it's possible your game resolution is such that the "Continue" option at the bottom of the screen is hidden from view.  Press "F" to continue, press "R" to get into the main settings, and reset your resolution.

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (111 Views)

All Replies

Re: Another "Cannot connect to Anthem"

★★★★ Novice

Solved:  If you're seeing this issue and all else fails, it's possible your game resolution is such that the "Continue" option at the bottom of the screen is hidden from view.  Press "F" to continue, press "R" to get into the main settings, and reset your resolution.

Message 2 of 2 (112 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help