Soldier Aim Assist on PC?

by SteelEpoch

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Soldier Aim Assist on PC?

★★★ Novice

So basically, I started playing BFV after some months again, and immediately noticed that my sensitivity would decrease whenever I aim at an enemy. I then noticed a setting called "Soldier Aim Assist" in Settings - Gameplay - Advanced, which was set to 100%. After disabling it, it still felt like the slowdown was there, so I repaired the game in Origin. The setting itself was still there after that, but I wasn't exactly sure if it was still active, since it only works in actual games, and not the shooting range.  Could anyone give me some advice? I am only playing on Keyboard and Mouse, not Controller.

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 4 (4,458 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Soldier Aim Assist on PC?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Aticexactly. After some testing, I think that the repairing made the aim assist disappear, but I'm still not sure. After all, I'm still wondering why this happened in the first place. I only plugged a controller into my PC once, used it for an hour and unplugged it again (I don't even think that I played BFV with that controller).

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (4,400 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Interesting @SteelEpoch, soldier Aim Assist only works if you have controller connected to the PC and should not work while playing on Keyboard and Mouse.

/Atic 

Message 2 of 4 (4,410 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@EA_Aticexactly. After some testing, I think that the repairing made the aim assist disappear, but I'm still not sure. After all, I'm still wondering why this happened in the first place. I only plugged a controller into my PC once, used it for an hour and unplugged it again (I don't even think that I played BFV with that controller).

Message 3 of 4 (4,401 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@SteelEpoch Just a guess but I think the game picked up the controller when you put it on for the hr in another game and repair game removed it so happy you got it sorted.

Message 4 of 4 (4,388 Views)