Re: Smoke deployment in closeup causes massive fps drop

by Skullshock

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Smoke deployment in closeup causes massive fps drop

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I am using gtx1050ti and i7700hq for BF5, I get 60fps on mixed settings.
But i have great fps drops if i deploy smoke in front of my face, like in less than the meter from me. Seems like first second of smoke deployment when particles are dense in small area cause FPS to drop.

I attach my DxDiag.

Regards.

Message 1 of 6 (3,296 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

Hey, @C16H16N2O2_zopa make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Battlefield V and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Try running a CCleaner to remove old temp files and cache.

I suggest that you keep future frame rendering ON. 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (3,242 Views)

All Replies

@C16H16N2O2_zopa wrote:

I am using gtx1050ti and i7700hq for BF5, I get 60fps on mixed settings.
But i have great fps drops if i deploy smoke in front of my face, like in less than the meter from me. Seems like first second of smoke deployment when particles are dense in small area cause FPS to drop.

I attach my DxDiag.

Regards.

You said you have mixed settings, what are they? Does the problem persist if you lower them? Have you turned off things like film grain, ambient occlusion, and set TAA to low? Is future frame rendering turned on?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 6 (3,285 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I forgot to mention it. Yes, I have experimented a while with in game settings. Nothing seems ti fix this, the same issue both on low and high presets. I have turned off future frame rendering too, didn't help. 

And it is not throttling.

Am I the only one getting this?

Message 3 of 6 (3,278 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey, @C16H16N2O2_zopa make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date.

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Battlefield V and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Try running a CCleaner to remove old temp files and cache.

I suggest that you keep future frame rendering ON. 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 4 of 6 (3,243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

i have the same issue  i have a i7 8700k and a gtx 1080 and running at 150 frames it goes to 40  in deploying smoke,  tanks exploding no problem lots of smoke no problem but if it deploys near me  it drops insanely

Message 5 of 6 (3,107 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic
i have the same issue i have a i7 8700k and a gtx 1080 and running at 150 frames it goes to 40 in deploying smoke, tanks exploding no problem lots of smoke no problem but if it deploys near me it drops insanely
Message 6 of 6 (2,463 Views)