Small Packet loss and higher ping past 2 days consistently

by Sorennic

Original Post

Small Packet loss and higher ping past 2 days consistently

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hello EA/Respawn!

The last 2 days around when the new origin app was updated, i am seeing small packet loss from 2-8% on nearly every server as well as anywhere from 5-30 MS in latency higher than usual.  Unfortunately this is not sporadic and goes away. It is consistent with packet loss and higher ping. I thought it could just be simply congestion during peak hours, but it was this way on JST (japan standard time) from 8pm all the way through 7 am or so when i logged off. It made me feel as though I really couldnt play on ranked which was frustrating because i am trying to climb to diamond.

Things I have tried to resolve the issue:

1. I turned off my ISP's router and my personal asus router for 15minutes to make sure i could get a new IP from my ISP. This did not fix the packet loss and higher pings at all Frown

2. Ii did step 1 multiple times hoping maybe it could eventually lower pings. this didnt work.

3. I normally play on my intel wi-fi nic which is really good since when i play with a wired connection, i only get my MS reduced by 1. but this time i tried using my wired connection again. Nothing changed sadly Frown ... still had higher latency and had packet loss with my cat 6 cable directly connected.

4. i restarted my pc and the origin client probably about 20 times ( no joke) ) to see if it was an app issue. To be honest im not sure.

5. i tried asking a few friends if they were having packet loss issues. They didnt claim to see any from the menu screen. so at this point i cant tell if this is just a japan region problem, or an NTT problem. (ISP/ fiber backbone). If this ends up being an ISP issue, im screwed... because in the past when i was living in a different apartment and tried to mention higher pings and packet loss for when i played overwatch on blizzard servers to my ISP, they played it off like there was nothing they could do since my connection download speed was good... and that it was a problem with the game servers.

EA, Respawn, please help me. At the very least help me narrow down the issue. Maybe others in the Japan region are having issues due to routing. I am willing to help and send data logs if necessary. I want to help improve this amazing game. the connection is always unstable. Lets make this game even greater! Thanks!

- Note:

I will attach a screenshot of some packet loss as well as data i collected via the EA UO Trace program Standard smile

Message 1 of 1 (156 Views)