Re: Sluggish, slow and laggy mouse.

by BR1TZ-0G

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Sluggish, slow and laggy mouse.

★★★★ Novice

Hello, I have troubles with sluggish/slow/laggy mouse movements that I am not experiencing in any other games. I see that my CPU is 'bottlenecking' a bit but that is not a problem in other games. I have around 100-150 FPS in-game and if the game quickly drops frames I almost cannot move my mouse and aim normally. This is mostly noticable when using scoped sniper rifles as I cannot flick shoot on someone like in other games and it is very frustrating because I know I should hit those shots. The mouse just doesn't move consistently fast but rather slows down. And the most weird part of this is in the BETA and on launch the game felt better and the mouse movement was normal. I don't know what happened in the patches. Battlefield 5 is unplayable for me now. I also tried to cap frames to 60 because it surely wont drop bellow 60 and it's still slow and laggy. I just played Battlefield 1 to test if this also occurs there but it doesn't. I was also having big frame drops but the mouse movement was consistent and I could normally snipe people. I also tried various fixes from people around the internet but nothing fixed it. I played around with DX11, DX12 and Future Frame Rendering, V Sync and there were no differences.

Thank you for your replies and I hope we find a solution.

PC Specs:

- Windows 10 Pro

- GTX 1080Ti

- 6700K 4.5GHz
- 16GB DDR4 2933MHz
- Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Motherboard

- SSD Samsung 850 EVO

Message 1 of 6 (659 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★ Novice

So I have reinstalled the game and put the game in DX11 and now it's working significantly better. Still have micro stutters and such but at least aiming feels normal.

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (523 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hey @BR1TZ-0G,

Thanks for all the information you've provided.

Do you have the Origin in-game Overlay enabled by any chance?

If so, try disabling that in the Origin Launcher.

Go to Origin ---> Application Settings ---> More ---> Origin in-game, and make sure it's Disabled. Also check the Battlefield V properties, and make sure it's disabled there as well.

Also, not sure if you use Discord or not, but if you do, try Disabling the Overlay in that Application as well.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks Standard smile

- iluminate

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Thanks for the reply. 

I have disabled Origin In-game and Discord overlay but sadly it is still the same. I will try to reinstall the game now. I just know that the laggy mouse movement occurs only when the frames drop to around 100. But that shouldn't be the problem, at least in all other games that I have played it wasn't. I have two friends that play the game with slower PC's than mine and they don't experience these issues. I'm really on the verge of quitting this game for good because It's only going down hill. 

-Britz0G

Message 3 of 6 (615 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Hi,

Other simple things to consider:

• Raw mouse input on.
  • FFR off.
  • Clean the optic on the mouse.
  • Use a black mouse surface (no pictures etc)

Make sure no other background tasks are running

It's not exhaustive, there are lots of other tweaks and settings which are all available from an online search or from several guides in the forums/online threads.

Goodluck!

Regards,

Message 4 of 6 (604 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

Hello,  thank you for your reply.

Raw mouse input is on. FFR is off. The mouse is fine, I play games almost everyday and it works perfectly. And I also have a black mouse surface.

I will try to close all background tasks that I can.

I tried several tweaks and put commands in user.cfg.

Message 5 of 6 (586 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I have reinstalled the game and put the game in DX11 and now it's working significantly better. Still have micro stutters and such but at least aiming feels normal.

Message 6 of 6 (524 Views)