Slow texture load on Battlefield V on a good PC (NVIDIA GPU)

by Win32KernelFile

Original Post

Slow texture load on Battlefield V on a good PC (NVIDIA GPU)

★ Guide

I have extremely slow texture loads even on main menu screen on Battlefield V, I have a good computer yet it still slowly loading right after starting the game. Game is in this state in almost everything, in game or main menu doesn't matter. Do EA fired all the Quality Assurance teams in DICE just like they did on BioWare devs? Why I'm having such technical problem AFTER the release?

I have plenty space in my HDD, enabled shader cache did not helped at all, in fact it actually made increased my in game frame drops- what should I do?

Message 1 of 11 (9,466 Views)

Re: Slow texture load on Battlefield V on a good PC (NVIDIA GPU)

Community Manager

We can help you out with that @Win32KernelFile

Can you upload a DxDiag report for us so we can see what specs we're dealing with? 

Here's how to upload a DxDiag report

Thanks,

/Blueberry

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 11 (9,397 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've got the same issue. Textures load very slow, even with texture quality and flitering on high.
I have the latest graphics driver update, and I've the required pc specs.

PC Specs:

GTX 1060 6GB

Core i7-6700K

16GB RAM

Message 3 of 11 (9,392 Views)

Community Manager

Hey @RetroChayon

Can you try the following?

• Open up  "NVIDIA Control Panel" -> from the NVIDIA Control Panel, select the "Manage3D settings" from the left column -> click on the Power management mode drop down box and select "Prefer Maximum Performance".
  • In Windows 10 make sure your Power Options are set to Max Performance as well.
  • Try switching to either DX11 or DX12 to see if you get improved results on either one.

Good luck!

/Blueberry

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 11 (9,388 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for the swift response. I searched some more for a solution and it happend to be that I had borderless mode enabled, wich has a bug when you change video settings in borderless mode they  wont apply. So when I was having slow texture loading times I tried high settings but because of the bug in borderless mode it didn't apply, so thats when I thought that it had to do something with my PC. But as it turns out it was just a bug.

Again thank you for the quick response!!

Message 5 of 11 (9,383 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I'm already using Fullscreen mode with low-mid graphics settings, still having slow texture loadings in game and main menu, I think this is a problem that devs have to fix it in future patches

i7 6700K

Windows 10

GTX 1060 4GB

32GB physical memory

it is clearly not my computer because I can play this game without performance problems, its just textures loading slowly same as character models, like heads, weapons etc, I can literally see some square-like one-color texture in moment of loading. And I'm not going to change that to "prefer max performance" in NVIDIA Control Panel because I'm trying to reduce my GPU heat as possible to increase its lifespan.

Saying put that, switch that to that is not a fix in long term. Please fix this problem as soon as possible with a patch. Thank you

**I have the latest NVIDIA drivers that allows me to play the game, otherwise game closes itself to ask update drivers

Message 6 of 11 (9,335 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@Win32KernelFile did you fix the issue? my gpu is 1060 3gb.  

Message 7 of 11 (8,530 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Kinda still have it, what I did is in game graphics settings (advanced) disable "frame buffer smooth" thingy, @Luke88gw 

Message 8 of 11 (8,501 Views)

★ Guide

@EA_Blueberry   Frame rate buffer smooth in game graphics causing textures load slowly in entire game, at least for me, disabling that speeds up the textures a bit but not much

this setting comes out of the box enabled, fix this asap, it took me weeks to find out, unacceptable.

Message 9 of 11 (8,496 Views)

★ Guide
and please kindly REMOVE that reply someone else's above marked "as possible solution" it is not. Just because a random guy fix worked for himself in his game does not mean worked for everyone.
Message 10 of 11 (8,494 Views)