Slow sensitivity when aiming to the right

by TheActuaIGoat

Original Post

Slow sensitivity when aiming to the right

★ Novice

I’m having an issue with my sensitivity with and without ADS. I play on the Xbox one and my sensitivity settings are 3 (normal) and 2 when aiming down sights. When I aim to the left, the camera moves at the correct speed. But when I move my camera to the right, it’s significantly slower. It takes twice as long to do a full 360 compared to when I go left. No matter what I change my sensitivity to, this problem still occurs. My friends don’t have this issue and theres nothing online about it. I tried deleting and redownloading apex but that didn’t work either. This problem is seriously effecting how well I play and it’s frustrating to the point where I might give up on the game if I can’t find a solution. 

Message 2 of 17 (8,299 Views)

Right Turn Speed Inconsistent

★★★ Newbie

When I try to turn right, my turn speed is wildly inconsistent.

Sometimes I turn at normal speed, sometimes it's slowed to a crawl, and there's no rhyme or reason to it. If I keep the stick to the right you can literally watch the speed change.

Apex is the only game that I have this issue with.

Steps taken:

Hard reset

Uninstall and reinstall

3 different controllers (I even went and bought a brand new one)

Reset controller settings to default

At this point it's gotten so bad the game is almost unplayable.

Message 1 of 17 (8,325 Views)

Re: Slow sensitivity when aiming to the right

Community Manager

@TheActuaIGoat 

Have you checked to see if your controller has the latest hardware update by going to the Settings on your Xbox One? 

Do you have multiple controllers you can test this with and have you tried resetting the sensitivity settings back to default via in game?

Blueberry.png
Message 3 of 17 (8,275 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry Yes I have and unfortunately this problem is still occurring...even after this big season 2 update.
Message 4 of 17 (8,238 Views)

Community Manager

@TheActuaIGoat 

Can you answer the following:

1. What type of Xbox One do you have
  2. What type of Xbox controller do you own? (regular one, elite, or third party manufacturer kind)
  3. Have you tried reinstalling the game?
  4. Do you have the game installed on an external hard drive?
Blueberry.png
Message 5 of 17 (8,226 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Blueberry It’s the original Xbox one console and controller. I tried deleting and reinstalling the game but that didn’t work. And no to the external hard drive. I tried raising and lowering the sensitivity too but no matter what setting it’s on it still moves significantly slower going right horizontally than it is going left.
Message 6 of 17 (8,210 Views)

Community Manager

@TheActuaIGoat 

Do you have anything plugged into the USB slot? Does this happen for all your controllers?

Blueberry.png
Message 7 of 17 (8,205 Views)

Bug: Inconsistent Camera Turn

★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? NightmareAgent
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anytime in game
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Turning character
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 0
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? When running or moving in a direction and you turn your camera to change running direction there is an inconsistency in turning. Sometimes it is normal turning speed, other times it is extremely slow. Settings in regards to response curve and sensitivity are at default. Raising the sensitivity is not the solution as it makes my gameplay inconsistent. Default is where I perform best. Sometimes camera moves left or right at default of 3...and sometimes my turn is about a 0.4 sensitivity
What should be happening instead? Consistent camera turning sensitivity throughout
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a match, run around, turn camera and try to change direction. It only happens 50% of the time or maybe less. But occurs at least once a match. The solution is to stop all input and stand still then try and the turn again. This impacts gameplay and has been the death of me in a gunfight because I cannot turn my character.

Camera sometimes moves slower than its supposed to turn when moving character and changing direction.

Play a match, run around, turn camera and try to change direction. It only happens 50% of the time or maybe less. But occurs at least once a match. The solution is to stop all input and stand still then try and the turn again. This impacts gameplay and has been the death of me in a gunfight because I cannot turn my character.

Message 8 of 17 (8,216 Views)

Re: Right Turn Speed Inconsistent

★★★ Newbie
@Christopie Also bought a new controller and same issues...wildly frustrating
Message 9 of 17 (7,733 Views)

Re: Right Turn Speed Inconsistent

★★★ Newbie
@Christopie Hello I'm having the same issue I was wondering if you have found a solution to the problem.
Message 10 of 17 (7,575 Views)