Slow Launch, 100% CPU usage, lags whole computer during launch, inconsistent

by Jordi_0214

Original Post

Slow Launch, 100% CPU usage, lags whole computer during launch, inconsistent

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Most of the time when launching Apex it takes over 3 minutes to get to the main menu  and in that time I am at 100% CPU usage, not allowing any other program on my computer to work properly (Discord, Firefox, Windows Explorer all slow to a crawl. This is extremely frustrating, but I can't seem to narrow down a culprit as sometimes, with no change to my previous setup, it launches without a hitch. In those occasions I rarely go over 30% CPU usage and it launches in less than 30 seconds. This issue has only started occurring recently as I took a long break from playing Apex Legends.

Specs:

i7-7700k

GTX 1070

16gb RAM

Windows 10

Message 1 of 4 (387 Views)

Re: Slow Launch, 100% CPU usage, lags whole computer during launch, inconsistent

Community Manager

Hey @Jordi_0214

That definitely sounds pretty frustrating. Would you mind sharing a DxDiag when you have a chance so we can take a look? 

For more details on how to pull one up check out the EA Help website. Please attach it to this thread once you have the text file. Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 2 of 4 (323 Views)

Re: Slow Launch, 100% CPU usage, lags whole computer during launch, inconsistent

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I have the same issue and my game stutters and lags quite a lot during fights. I have played warzone to test if its anything on my side but its not my PC. I've attached the dxdiag for my PC.

Message 3 of 4 (308 Views)

Community Manager

@1_sprak 

Thanks! I appreciate it. 

If you haven't already can you try starting up your PC in a Clean Boot to see if that makes any difference at all? If there's something else running at the same time that could be causing this it may help us get around it. 

For more info on how to set one up check out the EA Help website. Let me know how that goes once you've had a chance to give it a shot. 

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 4 of 4 (274 Views)