Re: Slay the Dragon SBC not accepting valid squad on Switch (repeat issue)

by mashedash1

Original Post

Slay the Dragon SBC not accepting valid squad on Switch (repeat issue)

★★★ Apprentice

Product: FIFA 19
Platform:Nintendo Switch
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? Experimental361
Which mode has this happened in? FIFA Ultimate Team
Which part of the mode? Squad Building Challenges
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 10/25/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 20:25
What is your time zone? GMT (UTC)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Submit a team for the Slay the Dragon SBC on Switch - you will notice that the team is laid out in a 4-4-2 formation but on other platforms it's a 4-5-1 (as per FUTBIN: https://www.futbin.com/squad-building-challenge/ea/238/Slay%20the%20Dragon).
What happens when the bug occurs? I see an error message "We are sorry but there has been an error connecting to FIFA 19 Ultimate Team. You will be returned to the FIFA 19 Main Menu." and then have to long in to FUT again. I am therefore unable to submit the squad.
What should be happening instead? The squad should be accepted and the reward given.

The same thing happened with another SBC last week (Enter the Underworld) and I noticed that the formation was different (LM and RM rather than LW and RW), so I suspect that there's a configuration error on the Switch version that causes the wrong formation to be displayed. If this is the case then it could be the cause of the unless the submitted squad meets the criteria in both formations then it won't be accepted.

I can provide details of my specific squad if that would be helpful.

Message 1 of 11 (1,610 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Novice

I have had the same issue with both sbc’s. Last week EA told me that they haven’t come across this issue so I would need to get in contact With Nintendo as it was a fault on thier end (talk about passing the buck). I reopened my case again today after reading other people are having the same issue and again I was fobbed off by EA.  I was told that it was one of two things a fault with my switch or my internet connection was dropping each time I tried to submit the sbc, even though i have a stable connection and had no issues with other sbc’s 😂. EA sent me a troubleshooting link and when I clicked on the link it was to a Nintendo page explaing how to send my switch off to be repaired what a joke.

Message 2 of 11 (1,524 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing happened to me...EA needs to take responsibility 

Message 3 of 11 (1,520 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
same problem
Message 4 of 11 (1,474 Views)

★ Novice

Me too AND

I think they don't want to solve it even it's a very seriously problem

Message 5 of 11 (1,438 Views)

★ Novice

I was just chatting to a EA help assistant and he said that they're fixing the problem. We'll see...

Message 6 of 11 (1,423 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. This is the 4th SBCs that gives the same error when trying to submit the team since launch. With the same repeating things: error, being kicked out of FUT when getting back in there's a squad update that keeps repeating if you go out and in again. My guess it that there's something about that squad update that doesn't go well and impacts the players. Or anyhow the cause root is common. There are anyhow less SBCs on Switch than in the other versions (with the league and icon SBCs missing) so having some of them not working really hurts the whole thing. 

Message 7 of 11 (1,401 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Come on EA at least say sth. Same issue with at least 3 SBCs and til now we hear nothing from you, not to mention compensation. 

FIX THIS otherwise your game is dead from now on

Message 8 of 11 (1,342 Views)

★★ Novice
On twitter they answered me: "try reaching out to Nintendo for further assistance but we are not going to have a direct fix for this as of right now"...
Message 9 of 11 (1,323 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Typical EA I think

Message 10 of 11 (1,200 Views)