Skating in mud / turning is sluggish

by ldwootbfmgmo

Original Post

Re: Skating in mud / turning is sluggish

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo It’s either that or unplugging the Xbox for awhile. But at the same time it feels much better when I play peer to peer. The other day I had 90 ms ping in Peer to peer but the skating felt really good compared to playing in dedicated servers my guys movement is so restricted I can’t turn fast for my guy to stay with the opponent. They easily pass around me and I can’t get to where I need to be at the right time. It drives me nuts. It doesn’t make sense to me
Message 71 of 183 (1,847 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo In dedicated servers I’m constantly at 40 ms but the skating sucks.
Message 72 of 183 (1,846 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Might be good to add that I use the original Xbox one. Is it that the dedicated servers use something that’s more suited for the Xbox one x and not the original?
Message 73 of 183 (1,833 Views)

Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

Not that I'm aware of. I play on both an original Xbox One and One X. There's no difference in lag for me.

Where are you located? Those that are further from the servers may have a better connection in P2P due to the shorter distance between you and your opponent.

Aljo.png
Message 74 of 183 (1,807 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo I get better skating with P2P when I get up to 90 ms ping. More distance = more ping. This would mean I have a shorter distance to the servers.
Message 75 of 183 (1,792 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Having good skating ratings compared to online versus I shouldn’t have bad skating like that. I know how more ping feels vs less ping. You can just tell me that you don’t understand it rather than telling me something that I know it’s not.
Message 76 of 183 (1,791 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo It’s all making me lean toward either my Xbox power bar being too hot but then I go play peer to peer and it’s good with higher ping so then I’m thinking the servers are bugged where some users get really bad skating boxy movements can’t turn like they should be able to. Their forwards (after forechecking) catch up to my guys when I’m entering into their zone too.
Message 77 of 183 (1,790 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Even got a new controller so I know it’s not my controller
Message 78 of 183 (1,786 Views)

Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

Your UO Traces were showing the problem to be with the node in your neighborhood. Your ping was taking a very big jump once your data was outside of your home network. This is somehting your ISP will need to address.

Aljo.png
Message 79 of 183 (1,755 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo In the middle of a game the other day it felt really good then went back to crap.
Message 80 of 183 (1,698 Views)