Skating in mud / turning is sluggish

by ldwootbfmgmo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Skating in mud / turning is sluggish

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I’m sure you’ve heard a bunch of these complaints.

My guys are slower than bigger guys on the opponents team, the turning really sucks, my guy doesn’t turn as fast as they should, and the AI don't do what’s my opponents AI do. This is compared to offline play AND Draft Champions. It has nothing to do with ping because my turning and skating feels really good with 80+ ms on draft champions .

I rarely get a good skating feeling in HUT or World Of Chel. It’s difficult to defend against certain people because all they do is swerve side to side and their game responds very well to it while I know what they are trying to do, I respond to them but my guy will get stuck moving further than they have to which leaves them a wide open lane.

I would like to know why draft champions is unaffected but everything else my guys will be sluggish . I always power cycle my stuff and once in awhile it will work but just goes back to crap. Please fix this . It really gets on my nerves 

Message 1 of 183 (12,941 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Skating in mud / turning is sluggish

★★★ Apprentice
@TerBooossss Try clearing your local Xbox and Xbox 360 saved data. It may be corrupted. You will sync that data back when you load the game . I think this is what fixed it for me

View in thread

Message 56 of 183 (14,546 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

The only reason we know for this is that it's connection related. Otherwise, everyone would be experiencing the same thing. Are you on playing wired or wireless? Also, it would be good to see some video of it if possible.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 183 (12,909 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo I use a wired connection. Usually around 40 ms. In draft champions it’ll be peer to peer and I’ll get more than 40 ping and it will feel really good so it isn’t my ping. I already know that. Do you think it is possible that it has something to do with bandwidth? I used to use around 400-600 gbs a month. Now it’s only 30 or less a month
Message 3 of 183 (12,884 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

Are you saying you used to have a cap of 600 gbs a month, but your ISP now restricts it to 30? Bandwidth can be an issue in general currently as many more people are online due to social distancing. What system do you play on? Using alternate DNS servers may help. I cand give you instructions based on which system you're on.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 183 (12,882 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have a plan with no data caps I’m pretty sure . I’m thinking this bandwidth thing could be it but then I go on draft champions and it makes no sense after why would it change when I play a different online mode? My ping is higher in P2P so it has nothing to do with ping 

Message 5 of 183 (12,840 Views)

Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

HUT doesn't use a P2P connection. You're on dedicated servers. Same with WoC. Unless you're playing Draft Champions online, those games are played against the computer so you're not needing to connect to a server to play. As far as I know, Draft Champions are on dedicated servers when you play online. Do you have a PC by chance? If so let’s find out how your connection is reaching our servers. Can you run a UO Trace and screenshot me the results? Instructions here: https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/.

Aljo.png
Message 6 of 183 (12,827 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Draft champions online does use p2p servers if not then something is really wacky with the game. My turns are not as responsive as everybody that I play. My skater looks the same way for a full second before they actually turn around . I get stuck if I try multiple turns within a short time. It’s very difficult to turn away from a check in a short time . 

Message 7 of 183 (12,813 Views)

Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

I found out Draft Champions games are in fact on P2P servers, like you said. My mistake. Apologies for that. Does every Draft Champions game play like that? It could be due to not finding someone close to you to connect to. It's probably not played online as much as other modes so you'd have a smaller pool of players to matchmake with. My thought is that your connection may not be as good due to the distance with your opponent.

Aljo.png
Message 8 of 183 (12,750 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Both online versus and draft champions play very well for me , when it comes to the “dedicated” servers in normal hut modes and world of chel the skating / turning is not as responsive and fast. Please fix this. I just finished playing a couple online versus and it feels so smooth .
Message 9 of 183 (12,705 Views)

Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

Where are you located? It's possible you're far from the server for your region. If you're getting a faster connection on P2P games, you're probably connecting to someone closer to you than the dedicated server is.

Aljo.png
Message 10 of 183 (12,701 Views)