Re: Skating in mud / turning is sluggish

by ldwootbfmgmo

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Well after doodling around with things. I’ve come to realize that what is fixing it temporarily...is clearing local Xbox saved data from the storage tab in settings. If it stays good after this time it’ll be nice but I’ve done things like this before and it comes back after but I’m sure it is this that will give me the temporary fix. Whatever is corrupted, the data is hindering system performance. After I do this the inputs in the menus and guide feel better too.
Message 121 of 183 (984 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Well it sometimes does the trick. I’m trying to do these things again and it’s not doing anything. Now I’m going to reinstall it. I shouldn’t have to be doing this stuff to try and get rid of delay. It’s annoying.
Message 122 of 183 (958 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo it’s definitely bad data from the game. Everything feels smoother even navigating through the home screen. I had cancelled the sync when it was resyncing the data (after clearing local saved data) just before it got to 100% then it prompted me to either keep syncing or cancel it. I clicked keep syncing but it went directly to the game. So I don’t know if it’s actually did resync. I’m thinking it did so I’m going to try that again and see if that helps
Message 123 of 183 (956 Views)

Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

Sounds good. Hopefully, that helps. Just let us know if you have any other issues. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 124 of 183 (916 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo It seems that it gets fixed then it just feels bad again. It’s EA’s side that makes a select group of people get this delay. It’s not my connection itself because I connect well to everything else. I don’t get the input delay in p2p connections even when I got 100+ ms. In servers I’ll have 40 ms. I’m more closer to the servers in that case. So you guys gotta figure it out. It’s lot worse than before too. Maybe you need more servers I dunno. It’s certain times that it goes away and feels good and no settings were changed. I try changing ports I try clearing cache I try clearing local saved data and it sometimes feels like it’s fixed but then I keep doing it and it doesn’t get fixed again. People even complain on FIFA of input delay. I know people who get it but it seems they don’t get it as bad as me. My guys get tired too fast especially when I’m on efficiency. I can’t switch to players and make them move immediately the way I want them to move and it ruins my whole game. I can’t do anything. The company has money to increase its servers or actually make sure they are up to date. There’s people who get the same issue and they definitely have a great connection so it’s not our connections themselves and it’s only happening when we connect to EA servers. It’s a huge problem for the people who experience it. I enjoy hockey and I didn’t experience delay like this when I started playing hockey. I got into hut in NHL 19, like actually got into it. Then 20 it felt fine when it just came out but then ended up being really bad for delay. Maybe it is the servers being overloaded. I guess we are the chosen group that gets the bad end of the stick when it gets full so get more servers running. I’m close to the border in Manitoba, Canada. If it’s not fixed by the time 21 comes out. I won’t be buying the next ones after that .
Message 125 of 183 (890 Views)

Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

A lower ping doesn't necessarily mean you're closer to the servers. P2P and dedicated are different connections. Usually, when people have better connections on P2P it means they are closer to their opponent. Dedicated servers could be a lot farther away. Did you ever get your laptop back so you can run another UO Trace?

Aljo.png
Message 126 of 183 (869 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Well no I can skate great against somebody that’s across the sea while I play against somebody in US with the servers in US and skate bad. I always get 37-50 ms in servers but I’ll get 60-130 in p2p . Ping measures how fast the packets go in their round trip. So it’s all about distance mainly. Somebody can have low download speeds and low upload speeds and get 20-30 ms ping. It depends on your distance to host , individual or server but that’s not what is causing it. I can have 40 ms ping in most server games and some of them will let me skate well and some of them won’t. I find at certain times it will be better but not always. It could be that the servers are overloaded. I just don’t understand why only some would get the negative effects of it.

If the cases rise more etc, I should be getting a laptop soon to do online conferencing and so I’ll be able to do another UO trace when that happens
Message 127 of 183 (852 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo it seems that whenever I uninstall the game going through home screen tabs are better. That’s what makes me think it’s some kind of meta data or something that comes with the game that is going bad and hindering performance
Message 128 of 183 (846 Views)

Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

Sounds good. Just let me know when you get that UO Trace done and we can pick this up then.

Aljo.png
Message 129 of 183 (831 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Aljo Hey this is the original poster. So that other account was faulty due to an email address not even existing apparently I couldnt get back into it. Anyways I got the UO trace done and this is odd and maybe others are getting it too but my internet traffic is being sent to Ireland perhaps this is the cause of the input delay everybody is talking about. Not everybody is getting it but a good portion of us. Not sure why but maybe its to do with some people tampering with our internet routing somehow. Anyways I assume you will say I will have to talk with my ISP about this to get them to fix the routing. Question.... how would I show them a picture of the trace if I am talking on the phone with them?
Message 130 of 183 (615 Views)