Re: Skating in mud / turning is sluggish

by ldwootbfmgmo

Original Post

Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

Are you saying your players don't turn at all when playing online? 

Peer to peer connections are, in most cases, worse than playing on dedicated servers. Unless you're in a remote location where you're far from the servers and are playing someone on a P2P connection that is in your area. That could be better if both have fast, stable connections.

Again, if you can get some video so I can see what's happening, that would be help understand what you're experiencing.

Aljo.png
Message 111 of 183 (770 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo Here is the solution that’s been helping me. The funny thing is, I shouldn’t need to do this as frequently as I do, shouldn’t have to do it at all... but I have uninstalled chel and reinstalled it on my other hard drive and after opening it up it’s much better. I’ve done it once before and had to do it again as you can see. So I don’t understand why but ya’ll need to figure it out. No other game runs like that. I’m thinking a lot of these other guys on here talking about input lag will find that doing the same thing will help temporarily. It has nothing to do with internet or ping. I always have the same ping in hut and I just finished playing a game against somebody I usually lose against due to the input lag and it was so much better. Sorry if I came across rude but it’s been so frustrating. I shouldn’t have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling the game to play a game or two just to have it crap out on me again. Hope you guys can fix it
Message 112 of 183 (748 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo They turn but when it is delayed my guy can’t make tight turns and respond to my inputs and make another turn quickly. If I try going one way then another, my guy will basically sit in one spot for a moment before going the other way. I watch other players and their players move so smoothly without that delay in their movements. Like I said I just finished a game where it was a lot better and this was from reinstalling the game on my alternative hard drive. Internal to external and external to internal etc.
Message 113 of 183 (745 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo I moved it to my alternate hard drive again and I was watching a show to come back to it and it’s doing it to me again. I should not have to do this at all. My guy is so slow at turning it’s delayed. My guy doesn’t turn when I tell him to. It ruins the game. 21 better be better or like I said I’m not giving my money to you guys anymore
Message 114 of 183 (706 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo And to repeat what I said in the post before, I have less delay in online versus (peer to peer connections) , this is also true when I was playing somebody across the sea when I had 130 ms or more. Meanwhile I always connect to your dedicated servers in North America so you can’t use that same explanation as it doesn’t work. It is specifically the servers that I have issues with. I don’t know if it’s a coincidence or if it actually fixes it momentarily but moving the game between drives seems to be working only momentarily. This is not a connection issue.
Message 115 of 183 (701 Views)

Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

I really don't know what else could be causing this. We've exhausted all possible troubleshooting. If it were something that everyone was experiencing, that would be easier to resolve. So far, you're also not providing any video so that makes it more difficult to understand what's happening. As we previously discussed, there can be a difference with P2P and dedicated server connections due to the distance between you and the host as well as the quality of both of your connections. Have you tried playing on another console? Possibly there's a hardware issue causing this, but that seems unlikely.

Aljo.png
Message 116 of 183 (669 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@EA_Aljo I have less input lag to somebody farther away across seas compared to your servers which are not overseas. That doesn’t make any sense. It could be how my Xbox is interacting with the game. When I run the game it’s slow. Navigating menus are slow, movement is delayed. When I play people overseas I play on 130+ ms ping. This is compared to the servers which I get 40 ping consistently I have less delay playing the guy overseas. I go play on your servers and there is much more delay. It’s not due to ping. It’s hard to describe and even videoing it won’t make much of a difference when I look at it it doesn’t look like much you gotta see my controller as well and I can’t do that. No point in showing footage but I see where they are going and my guys just can’t turn as fast as their guys. Sometimes reinstalling the game helps and sometimes it doesn’t. It doesn’t make sense. If it’s not the game or servers where everybody is getting it, only thing I can think of is the way my Xbox is interacting with your servers . My connection is fine and the servers are fine but the interaction is the faulty thing here I guess
Message 117 of 183 (642 Views)

★ Novice

Having the same sluggish skating problem on local 1vs1 games. Restarting xbox solves it for a few games, then the  bug is reoccurring. Also noticed players won’t aim no longer. Every shot goes middle to the goalie. Very annoying and definitely a in game problem with the Memory Reset  or something like that. 

Message 118 of 183 (608 Views)

Community Manager

Hello, @Umme3 

Can you get some video of your shots not going where you aim? Make sure you hit Y/Triangle to show the controller overlay.

Do you play on a wired or wireless connection? Also, try clearing the alternate MAC address with these instructions:

Go to your Xbox One Settings (Just press Start, then click Settings)
Go to "Network", then "Advanced Network Settings"
Click on "Alternate MAC Address", and then click "Clear"

Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 119 of 183 (584 Views)

Community Manager

@ldwootbfmgmo 

I really can't think of anything else that could be causing this. I'm very sorry. You're welcome to contact an advisor to see if they have anything else to suggest.

Aljo.png
Message 120 of 183 (583 Views)