Single Player Crashes

by TutarSagdiyev

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Single Player Crashes

★★ Novice

I'm currently having an issue where I can't progress in the story mode. Whenever I try to start the next level, specifically the second story mission Skies of Yavin, the game immediately crashes to desktop. No error code is shown.

Things I've tried:

-Repairing install

-Uninstalling and redownloading/reinstalling.

-Wiping the cloud save

-Deleting my single player progress and restarting the entire campaign.

All the other modes, including multiplayer, work fine. Not sure what the issue is.

Message 1 of 5 (397 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Single Player Crashes

★★ Apprentice

The only way I can get Yavin to load in MP and SP is if I run the game in window mode.

It might be a resolution issue if this is the case.  I run at 5120 x 1440.  Lowering it to 1920x1080 worked in WINDOW only ... borderless does not work.

It sucks I have to basically play the game right now at a lower resolution because the game crashes for certain maps when in full screen or borderless mode.

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (311 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

Hey, @TutarSagdiyev make sure that all drivers for windows are up to date. 

You can also try to do a clean boot to see if there any programs messing with Star Wars: Squadrons and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Worth to reinstall the GPU drivers for your PC.

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic

Message 2 of 5 (318 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The only way I can get Yavin to load in MP and SP is if I run the game in window mode.

It might be a resolution issue if this is the case.  I run at 5120 x 1440.  Lowering it to 1920x1080 worked in WINDOW only ... borderless does not work.

It sucks I have to basically play the game right now at a lower resolution because the game crashes for certain maps when in full screen or borderless mode.

Message 3 of 5 (312 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Atic Did both, problem still persists, behaves exactly as before.
Message 4 of 5 (295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@Erock7R  This worked! I switched to a lower resolution (went from 1440p to 1080p), then after I beat the mission, I switched back to 1440p and I was able to continue working as normal.

Prior to this workaround, the game was crashing right after I launched my x-wing for the yavin mission and before the cinematic. I'm guessing that the resolution of the cinematic is locked at 1080p, which the game has trouble with displaying if the in-game settings are locked to another resolution.

Message 5 of 5 (287 Views)