Since release: Lobby "Ready" button stuck.

by EnclaveNature

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Since release: Lobby "Ready" button stuck.

★★★★ Novice

So, this is something that annoys both me and my team. Sometimes, after leaving the match, my game seems to be unable to connect with the party. Players in the lobby still have "In Match" text, even though they aren't. When I press the Ready button - they see me being ready, but I don't. If we find a game in that state - then only they would connect as a group of two, without me. I don't see ready check mark after pressing the button. It is fixed by re-joining the lobby, but it's also buggy. The game still sees me as being in the party after leaving, so I can only join by invites, because the "Join" button is blocked by the fact the the party is full. While fixable, I want to know what causes this, as I haven't been able to find anyone with the same issue (or Google shows the other problem that has the same keywords). 

Another problem is that sometimes, the party join in match before me. I have a chance at loading later, sometimes in the middle of a drop, but it doesn't always work. Once again, I want to know how I can fix it or what causes it so I can avoid it. 

Message 1 of 5 (1,132 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Since release: Lobby "Ready" button stuck.

Community Manager

@EnclaveNature 

Thanks for following up! We also have ports listed for Apex Legends below if you're familiar with port forwarding. We've also seen others fix connectivity issues by updating the firmware on their router (log into the router admin panel) and make some adjustments for Killer Control Center too.

Port Forwarding

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,082 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Thanks for pinging this to us, @EnclaveNature 

It seems connectivity related, which platform do you play the game on and do you know what data center you're connecting to?

Before you jump into your next game try giving these steps below a quick run-thru to see if you have any improvement. This way we know we at least covered the basics.

Basic Connection Troubleshooting

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/connection-troubleshooting-basic/

Blueberry.png
Message 2 of 5 (1,095 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thanks for answering. I am playing on PC and am connecting...well, I don't know which data server is exactly (or where to check it), but I live in Western Russia, so I assume it's somewhere there. I am also using direct wired connection.
Another thing I realized was that my problem is more of a common "Party not ready" problem, that a lot of players are still experiencing, while others seem to never get it. Since there is no official fix yet, I assume it's a net-code or ISP problem. I will try to see if anything from Basic Connection Troubleshooting will help, thank you.
Message 3 of 5 (1,089 Views)

Community Manager

@EnclaveNature 

Thanks for following up! We also have ports listed for Apex Legends below if you're familiar with port forwarding. We've also seen others fix connectivity issues by updating the firmware on their router (log into the router admin panel) and make some adjustments for Killer Control Center too.

Port Forwarding

https://help.ea.com/en/help/faq/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 5 (1,083 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Once again, thanks for help. I believe that my ISP is the reason for this, as I had problems with ports in other non-origin games that could only be fixed by the use of VPN. Unfortunately, I don't even have a router to adjust it. In the end, I think to solve this I would need to talk to or change my ISP. This issue is rather weird, as today it happened zero times, while yesterday I had to do it every game. Thank for helping me to understand the root of the problem.
Message 5 of 5 (1,066 Views)