Since 12/17/2020 : "Launch Error: Failed to start the game ( 2 )"

by N16H7-W1N6

Original Post

Re: "Launch Error: Failed to start the game ( 2 ) "

★★★ Newbie

For some reason it says it wont finish downloading because my hard drive doesn't have any space, but it does, and now it's also talking about an application error. What's the deal?

Message 21 of 76 (1,236 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Dear EA developers. Welcome back from the holidays..

Please fix this Webroot launch error so we can play again.

Thank you.

Message 22 of 76 (1,202 Views)

Re: Since 12/17/2020 : "Launch Error: Failed to start the game ( 2 )"

★★ Apprentice

Same problem here. I tried to play the game today after I didn't touch it for a few months and it is not working for me.

I do run WebRoot so hopefully the developers will be able to fix this issue

Itamar

Message 23 of 76 (1,176 Views)

★★★ Novice
@N16H7-W1N6 Correct, you have to uninstall it for it to work again. I have tried disabling and whitelisting the game and Easy Anti-Cheat and it does not work. Tested the uninstalling of Webroot and it booted right up.
Message 24 of 76 (1,155 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@1SmittyWerben Well, That's not a good option for me. The game worked fine a few months ago they should be fixing this issue.
Message 25 of 76 (1,148 Views)

★★ Novice

I find it mind boggling that EA ignores this problem. Requiring users to uninstall their virus protection in order to play is an unacceptable ask.

Message 26 of 76 (1,132 Views)

★★★ Novice
@ItamarBudin Yeah this is getting ridiculous. I have contacted their support multiple times and I have only been able to play this game that one time in the past couple of months. Even told them to look at their forums and I guess they didn't want to.
Message 27 of 76 (1,050 Views)

★★ Novice

The issue is that they give zero F*#!s. Amusingly, Easy Anti Cheat works great for games like Seven Days to Die, but for some reason just won't here.

Apparently, their idea of customer support is "ignore them until they go away".

Message 28 of 76 (1,010 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Three weeks after my original post. Still broken. Just figured out how to submit an error using the "Origin Error Reporter". Will hold my breath that that will spark some progress.

Message 29 of 76 (997 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I bought this game in December and still haven't been able to play it. Cant even refund it because all the launches I tried accumulated past the play period. The only EA support that has addressed the Webroot situation basically said to uninstall Webroot and marked the problem as solved.

I've tagged EA support in other threads for a response and still havent got a reply. More than likely the number of Webroot users that are having a problem is so small that they feel like they dont have to address it without effecting them. 

Message 30 of 76 (969 Views)