Re: "Launch Error: Failed to start the game ( 2 ) "

by N16H7-W1N6

Original Post

★ Guide

I sent a mail to webroot to this morning. Wait and see...

@Edgeshark

Ok, Easy Anti-Cheat is doing his job well.
But why this message : "Launch Error: Failed to start the game ( 2 ) " ?

This is an error message, not a message for cheaters.

And the messages appeared at the same time for all of us. If we are Cheaters, it should have appeared at different times for each one of us.

And I don't understand what I have done to be considers as a cheater...

And why some of us who have take the risk to uninstalled webroot are not anymore considered as Cheaters after that ?

Squadrons, Easy Anti-Cheat and Webroot worked without any problem from 02 October 2020 to 28 October 2020

The first issue occured with the 28 Octbers 2020 1.3 uptade ; and this one was fixed with the 04 november 2020 2.0 update.

At this time Squadrons, Easy Anti-Cheat and Webroot worked without any problem.

The second issue occured with the 11 December 2020 4.0 update and was fixed the 12 December 2020 with a simple patch.

At this time Squadrons, Easy Anti-Cheat and Webroot worked without any problem.

The third issue occured with the 4.1 update and is still not fixed at this time.

So I think there is something between Webroot and Easy Anty-Cheat, but each issue occured because of one update. So I begin to think that something within the game causes the issue between Webroot and Easy Anti-Cheat.

Message 41 of 76 (721 Views)

★ Apprentice

I meant the Easy Anti Cheat comment sarcastically.  Sorry, I should have been more clear.  You are absolutely right that it is EA's issue and that they have the know-how to fix it and have not.

Message 42 of 76 (710 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

This is weird because I uninstalled my Webroot but I'm still getting the message. Am I doing something wrong?

Message 43 of 76 (682 Views)

★ Apprentice

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/SW-Squadrons-Origin-Launcher-Error-2-Unable-to-play-post-4-0/m...

@Edgeshark wrote:

I meant the Easy Anti Cheat comment sarcastically.  Sorry, I should have been more clear.  You are absolutely right that it is EA's issue and that they have the know-how to fix it and have not.

EAC has no problems with any other game with Webroot, complaining isnt going to fix anything. The only people that have fixed their problem and are able to play dont come back to this message board because their problems are fixed by going through Webroot from what ive gathered from this board. Like I said everyone should go through Webroot support to raise priority on fixing it on their servers because its cloud based.

Message 44 of 76 (633 Views)

★★ Novice

I actually did contact Webroot and they told me to just delete it for now since they didn't have a fix for it. I uninstalled Webroot from my computer but it still shows the same message when I try to play.

Message 45 of 76 (619 Views)

★ Apprentice

As stated in the post above this problem has occurred and been fixed twice before without us having to contact Webroot.  Combine that with all the other programs that play nice with Webroot and make your own deductions on where this fix need to come from.

Message 46 of 76 (618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Ngabe1 are you getting failed to launch game ( 2 ) after uninstalling? I'm not exactly sure what's happening for you. i can play if i simply uninstall

@Edgeshark wrote:

As stated in the post above this problem has occurred and been fixed twice before without us having to contact Webroot.  Combine that with all the other programs that play nice with Webroot and make your own deductions on where this fix need to come from.

you actually think EA did anything the first 2 times? 🤣 that's rich. you should already know they don't fix problems. I have 2 games with licensing and authorization issues they still haven't fixed from 2015, this whole fiasco reminded me that EA games work better on console. 

Message 47 of 76 (614 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have mailed webroot last week-end and I have a ticket in work in progress...

In the mean time, there is an update (4.2) today and the game run well now and before Webroot fixed my issue. I wish the issue will not appears with the next update.

I hope @siouxplice is right and Webroot will fixe my issue permanently in the following of my mail.

But I hope so than the issue will be fixed for eveyrone who had it and not just for those who signal it to Webroot.

Message 48 of 76 (598 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I saw the update today and was foolishly hopeful.

Still can't play.

Disappointed

Message 49 of 76 (591 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@Malcom_Black 

I'm sade too read it Frown

I am sur you already did it but I ask you : do you have restarted your computer after the update ?

I have launch the update, I restart my PC, I have launch the game... and it works.

May the Force be with you pilot !!!

Message 50 of 76 (588 Views)