Re: Since 12/17/2020 : "Launch Error: Failed to start the game ( 2 )"

by StadiumBeats

Original Post

Re: "Launch Error: Failed to start the game ( 2 ) "

★★★ Novice

Such a pretty icon on my screen wish it did something other then open 2 different launchers that then error out on me......

Message 71 of 76 (1,119 Views)

Re: "Launch Error: Failed to start the game ( 2 ) "

★ Guide

I don't understand why the technical support of Webroot is unable to give you the response they give to me...

Maybe there is a difference between the "For Business" version and "For Home and Home Office" version of webroot...?

Message 72 of 76 (1,070 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

So I ran into this issue with another game and was able to fix it, same error message and everything. So basically uninstall webroot, start the game and keep it running, reinstall webroot and let it finish the startup baseline and configuration with the game running. It will take that game as part of your computers normal baseline and allow it from then on. Simply reinstalling wont work, the game has to be running while webroot is reinstalling and setting up.

Message 73 of 76 (884 Views)

★ Novice
@N16H7-W1N6 @N16H7-W1N6 June 2021 and this is still a problem. Completely insane we're still dealing with this. I have to figure out how to fix the issue EVERY SINGLE UPDATE. Please get this sorted out.
Message 74 of 76 (853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

July 2021 and the problem still is happening

Message 75 of 76 (823 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

This was happening for my Ubisoft. Division 2 install. Here's what worked for me on 7/15/21

Open webroot.

Click the gear next to PC Security.

Go to the Block/Allow Files Tab

Click add file and add every exe file in the Uplay and Division 2 (might be different for EA folders) folders on your hard drive. You'll have to do this one at a time. Bit of a pain.

Adding every exe might be overkill, you might only need to add one. However, I added all of them and the game started working for me.

Message 76 of 76 (796 Views)