Re: Sims mobile - I'm being robbed and customer support won't do anything about

by EA_Cade

Original Post

Sims mobile - I'm being robbed and customer support won't do anything about it.

★★ Novice

I've been playing for two years now, but the game has started crashing since the hello japan update. I've bought multiple packs - majority of the time I get money removed from my account but don't recieve pack items. I don't know what arrangement ea has with Google play, but everytime I request for a refund, I've had it declined because "I don't fulfill policy". I've tried reaching out to google, but they've always directed me to ea customer support.

Then begins the gruelling back and forth with customer support, where the customer service associates keep sending unnecessary emails and asking for information I've already provided. This time was the last straw. I bought the fashion pack and didn't receive the items, so contacted customer support as I always do - and they kept stringing me along, without offering any help.

Here's where the game crashing comes in - recently, everytime I buy a pack, I get through the payment, have money deducted from my account, then receive a message saying that I need to quit the game to complete the transaction - but reopening the game doesn't give me access to the items I've paid for. So I have to reach out to customer support. Last night I tried to accept the free pack for Heritage month, but the game wouldn't let me - it would only show a box saying that the transaction failed. I restarted the game multiple times, it didn't work, so i reinstalled the game - this time, I lost some of my progress, including the th side quest being restarted, losing all floor levels on all my plots (the furniture on the first and second floor still remains) and the starting dialogue from the tutorial said by the sim about the house being a fixer upper constantly looming over the screen. I've lost the picture, bulldoze and house template options and can't change day-night cycles.

At this point, playing the game has become less of a relaxing activity and more of a stress inducing, money stealing little addiction.

I no longer wish to play the game. I only want all the money I've spent on the game back - ea can keep the taxation cost, but I've spent well over 370usd on this game which I felt like I was only stick with because of the money I'd previously put in.

I'm a student so I don't really have a bank stocked full with money. I've got limited resources and playing the game at this point honestly takes a lot more in than I can afford.

I see how I was wrong when I started spending money on a game that only acts as a cash cow for the devs. They don't care about the game, nor the players. 

I don't mind if my account gets banned, because I'm not going to play the game anymore. 

I only ask for my money to be returned. I'll send the reciepts and proof of purchase as soon as my message gets a reply.

Message 1 of 4 (846 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Shanoro,

I'm very sorry to hear about this, do you have a case number I can look into?
EACade
Message 2 of 4 (814 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello, sorry for the late reply.

Here's the case number - 90311473

Message 3 of 4 (772 Views)

Community Manager

Hi @Shanoro,

Thanks for that info. We can only authorize refunds for content that you purchased but didn't receive, we cannot simply refund all your purchases you've made because you don't want to play the game any longer.

If you wish to get a refund for an in game purchase you'll need to provide the documentation the advisor needs to assist you in a specific format, which seems to be the blocker you're running into and unfortunately I cannot assist with that here on Answers HQ for account security reasons.

If you were double charged for a purchase, or you meet the criteria for a refund via the Great Game Guarantee an advisor will be able to assist you further by reaching out via the steps here. If they have denied your refund claim I'm afraid there isn't anything we can do further for you here. 

EACade
Message 4 of 4 (745 Views)